Brake pads and disc genuine or brembo

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Lucibv

Car
E class w213
Hi everyone. Need to change the brake disc and pads on my s213 AMG pack but can't decide which of the brake pads and disc to go for the original one from Mercedes or the brembo ones.
Can anyone help me to decide which ones to go for . The difference of money is just £40-50 so is not a big difference from buying genuine.

Not a direct answer on the specific question, but I hope this helps.

Give MB Grangemouth or MB Newcastle a call and see how much they will do the MB pads for; there might be a saving vs what you've been quoted.

I've just ordered ATE ceramic for my w212, as I'm sick of the brake dust thrown off in huge quantities by MB pads.

There is a good chance the OEM ones are your car are from Brembo anyway (they are on my AMG ) As advised, Going with the ones MB supply is the best way if the price is right , and it often is.

I have Brembo discs with Textar pads and can't fault the set up. No problems with fade under heavy breaking and the alloys stay fairly clean compared to MB pads.

Not a direct answer on the specific question, but I hope this helps.

Give MB Grangemouth or MB Newcastle a call and see how much they will do the MB pads for; there might be a saving vs what you've been quoted.

I've just ordered ATE ceramic for my w212, as I'm sick of the brake dust thrown off in huge quantities by MB pads.
Where did you ordered your Ate ceramic?? I have looked for them to but couldn't find anywhere. Can you send a link for the website??

Where did you ordered your Ate ceramic?? I have looked for them to but couldn't find anywhere. Can you send a link for the website??
I got them from Autodoc after checking compatibility on the ATE website.
Not sure what the situation is with VAT/import or where they are coming from.

Recently fitted Brembo rear discs on my S63, purchased from Autodoc. Powerstop carbon ceramic pads purchased from Rockauto in the USA

I'd say buy any known quality brand (Brembo, Pagid, ATE etc) from Euro parts if saving cash is a priority, and they will be just fine for us mortals on daily divers,

If the price difference isn't that much, use your local MD dealer, (I often do and get 10% off each time). Plus I've built up a good relationship with the guy in the parts department, I often drop him an email about a part I'm after for the old R129 he's been really helpful.

But whatever you chose, do not buy cheap unknown Chinese crap from the internet !!

ECP nearly always have a brake sale on. However even at the sale price I got the discs cheaper from MB

I would avoid Pagid these days, their quality has fallen off a cliff, I fitted a set from ECP last year, they were noisy, creaky, wore unevenly and had poor stopping performance. Have since replaced with Brembo and its a world of difference. A bit of research and its seems to be a common issue with pagid recently.

ECP pricing is a joke, they have a sale literally every day. And with their discount codes you have to tireless enter their prices are not always cheapest.
Its about time they came up with a new pricing strategy.

Pagid no good anymore hey ? I used them on my jeep but that was several years ago. Bought Brembo on my SL last year form ECP and all fine

Hi , major component manufactures produce product to OE specification.

Same manufacture will produce pattern parts to different specification to the brand is know but quality is not.

My only experience I had using pattern parts on a Volvo V90 was terrible although the box they came out were marked Volvo.

Now doubt fake parts !

Thanks a lot for the suggestion. This time have gone for the genuine MB parts and to my surprise it was not bat at all for the price around £400 for the front and rear pads and disc which i think is ok. On my previous car a Bmw f11 only the front pads and disc it was over £250. Now hope it will last and not to much brake dust on my alloys.

Based on the replied here I'm looking at getting Brembo + ATE or Ferodo for my S350D. Before I pull the trigger, since this is the first time I'd buy the parts myself, has anyone else put these on a W222 with success?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom