Brake pads and disc genuine or brembo

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I’ve been using ECP for 35 years, however, after I found out about the fake parts they were selling I was careful about what I bought from them. Callipers I bought for my wife’s Jeep had to be replaced within 5 years as they started leaking.

I wouldn’t buy any brake parts from them now.

Not sure , but the top photo says 'made in Polonia' Which I find quite odd . Polonia is the word (normally) used to describe the diaspora of Polish people worldwide or close to Poland in particular.

Not the country of Poland (Polska).

The date seems correct 17/07/04 , I would expect 17/07/2004 . whereas the box 'made in Italy' has the date as the USA (and just a few others ) would print it . Not something I would expect on a European product.

To answer your question 'Are these fake ?' ..No frucking idea Gaz. Put me out of my misery.

Other way around, manf 2017 and 2018 , been on for 3 years now and 10K , all good and from ECP....

The only issue is that the Mercedes engineers gave this and many like it 295mm front and 300mm rear rotors :rolleyes:🤔

You don't necessarily have to choose between MB or Brembo; the genuine discs I got from MB Newcastle eBay shop had a small Brembo logo alongside the MB star. They were also cheaper than the Brembo discs available at ECP, even with their best "Sale" price.

The only issue is that the Mercedes engineers gave this and many like it 295mm front and 300mm rear rotors :rolleyes:🤔
The larger rear disks only have a bigger total diameter because the parking brake is incorporated inside them. However, the actual braking disk area is much bigger in the front. The front pads are almost 50% bigger in height and 20% bigger in width compared to the rear.

You don't necessarily have to choose between MB or Brembo; the genuine discs I got from MB Newcastle eBay shop had a small Brembo logo alongside the MB star. They were also cheaper than the Brembo discs available at ECP, even with their best "Sale" price.

But do they have the proper Brembo paint ?

2EC58B70-D681-4FDE-84B4-D5614648FBC0.jpeg

Screenshot_20211216-165040_Gallery.jpg

Genuine for me.
I believe the Brembos according to a well versed tech I know, are not the Brembos you find on a Porsche etc but in fact a part not dissimilar to a pagid/ate with a Brembo badge on it.

Discs are far superior to Pagid I should know I replaced 20K 'warped' Pagid for Brembo on my other car .

Brembo front disc’s and pads for my C55 were about £160 from AUTODOC got quoted £400 from MB.. no contest 😁

The larger rear disks only have a bigger total diameter because the parking brake is incorporated inside them. However, the actual braking disk area is much bigger in the front. The front pads are almost 50% bigger in height and 20% bigger in width compared to the rear.

Never going to justify them when a 350 CDI gets 322 x 32 and a smaller lighter SLK with a 2.1 OM651 derv gets 344 x 32 .

A family car that could tow , be full up of family and an estate boot , 295mm what we're they smoking ?

Never going to justify them when a 350 CDI gets 322 x 32 and a smaller lighter SLK with a 2.1 OM651 derv gets 344 x 32 .

A family car that could tow , be full up of family and an estate boot , 295mm what we're they smoking ?
I bet the 350cdi can still lock up the wheels, activate the ABS?

Maybe the rear brakes are bigger on the 350 to compensate?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom