Brake Pads: Pagid vs ATE vs Jurid

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mbzclk

Car
An AMG
Hi

Need new front pads on my CLK I think,

Do I buy

Pagid or ATE or Jurid, price diff is a few quid between all 3. So not fussed just want to hear peoples opinions on them and what one to get and why...

They also sell Textar and Eicher but have been told both are rubbish

Shall I change the Brake Pad sensors too? (75,000 miles)

Many Thanks all.

Also if my disc's are shot is it worth getting Brembo Discs (Vented/MAX) or just go OEM again with the likes of ATE or similar... price difference between Brembo and OEM isnt much.

Textar are now part of TMD friction which includes Mintex & Pagid.

The brands you mention all are OEM - however original pads supplied with the majority of cars are of a different compound so you'll never get the same feel.

All are good so I wouldn't worry too much.

Always go vented with discs where possible. The cheap Brembos are made under license, however still good discs.

Thanks!

Its between ATE and Pagid,

If I was getting Discs i'd get Brembo MAX (vented and grooved)

hows that seem?

Most Alcon discs are grooved as opposed to cross-drilled or cast with holes. What benefit you'd see on a road car is debatable but they look good!

Textar are fine by the way - fitted to a huge number of MBs.

ATE are a great quality pad and I use them on a daily basis. (pronounced "art a")

I'm very satisfied with the discs and pads Olly fitted (ATE)

I had the pagid pads on a discovery i had and they were pretty good, we also ran the pagid brake shoes on trucks and trailers in very hard conditions and they were also pretty good effiecency and feel.

Lynall

I've also used pagid pads with good results. Would mention that there are alot of different compunds even within the brand. On my seat toledo have always used pagid in pagid FR (fast road) or as of late pagid RS 4-2 blue. These last pads are fast road/club racing pads. Great pads, but alot of dust and they tend to pit the clear coat finish on the wheels..:(

Why not put some EBC pads on ? Saves you having excessive brake dust on the wheels and also a very good performance.

For me EBC greenstuff (C200K) or red (C55 AMG) are the best pads by far if you don't like the dreaded brake dust, and of course they are excellent all round.

I agree. Low dust, higher coefficient of friction, kinder to the disks, no metal burning into the wheel lacquer.

I'm not sure where stats has heard they are rubbish repackaged.
I'm not aware of any other pad producer using Kevlar as a filler instead of the cheaper option of metal.

Have not tried EBC as of late, but know that most people that don't like them (me included) refer to the 1st compund versions. I used green stuff on my old vw scirrocco and hated it. they where V1 compund and not the newest V4 compund, so am sure they've improved quite a bit.

not bothered by dust anyway!

EBC did go through a rough patch but been revamped last 3/4 years.

My suggestion to mbzclk if not sure what to go for is just take whatever the MB dealer parts dept give him according to the VIN.

I have never known an MB with bad brakes from factory, so he will have a guaranteed performance, which is not always the case with aftermarket.

Have you been there? They're not made in Bristol at all ;).

Please expand.
It says on here that they do indeed manufacture them at Brislington.
http://www.efiltd.co.uk/about.htm

from EBC website:
Welcome to the World of Brakes

Premium quality EBC brake pads and rotors for cars, trucks, motorcycles, is our business .... all made in the UK.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom