Brake Pads....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BaldGuy

MB Enthusiast
Car
No longer a Benz...
Sailed through my first MOT today....although my rear pads are on the wear indicator..Do I replace them with Benz OEM or use an alternative from Euro car parts or the alike??? Dont want any squealing!!!!

Or...

Jimmy can you help???

Originally posted by Wheelie
Sailed through my first MOT today....although my rear pads are on the wear indicator..Do I replace them with Benz OEM or use an alternative from Euro car parts or the alike??? Dont want any squealing!!!!

Or...

Jimmy can you help???

Went through 2 sets of non OEM rear pads in a few weeks (ridiculous squeeling, even after 200 mile bed in) before going to OEM pads which are much better (only squeel when exremely hot ie. 1 lap around Milton Keynes).

This was entirely down to the pads, all sets were caked in copper grease. I believe the OEM rears come with "shims" to prevent squeel.

Greg,

We can discuss it more on Sunday but we have sold thousands of sets of pads and have only had 4 or 5 complaints of squealing...............all from a local black taxi cab firm!!!

I have seen our pads fitted to all manner of MB's, BM's Porches, Scoobys, Type R's etc and have had no problems. Brake squeal is usually caused by bad fitting, worn discs and very rarely by the pads themselves.

I can give you a definite price tomorrow, PM or e-mail me if you want, but most pads are around £10 per axle set. I don't know how that compares to OE pads, but bear in mind pads should now meet the R90 standard which means they should be the exact equivalent of OE equipment within a small manufacturing tolerance.

HTH

Jimmy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom