Brake squeal

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tonygw

MB Enthusiast
Car
C250 CDI AMG Blue efficiency diesel
Car is a 2012 S204 C250cdi om651 amg thingy..

The brakes are driving me crazy with a constant squeal once they have warmed up a bit under light or heavy braking. I fitted new front Brembo discs and pads over a year ago and they were fine until this year when they have started to squeal.

I have jet washed them, Removed the wheel, removed the pads, cleaned everything with brake cleaner. Re greased the contact points (back of pads etc) Re greased the slider pins. Even cleaned out the drilled holes in the discs. Nothing has stopped them squealing..

I am out of ideas. Can anybody suggest anything before my tinitus gets worse!

Thanks!

Porterfield R4S street pads are quiet and very disc friendly.
I don't put anything than R4S pads on my car and they last for maaaany years.

Back of the pads you put copper paste?
Brakes should then be quiet!

Ah thanks, I shall investigate those. Perhaps its new pads I need, which is annoying since the ones on there are almost new.. just very loud!! LOL

Bit of a strange one as if there was an issue with Brembo pads lots would be complaining .

I've not bought ordinary pads for 23 years the main reason being high brake dust of OE and OEM except for W205 pads ;)

Ah thanks, I shall investigate those. Perhaps its new pads I need, which is annoying since the ones on there are almost new.. just very loud!! LOL

The Porterfield R4S pads are expensive.
There is a new importer in UK if you search around.

Car is a 2012 S204 C250cdi om651 amg thingy..

The brakes are driving me crazy with a constant squeal once they have warmed up a bit under light or heavy braking. I fitted new front Brembo discs and pads over a year ago and they were fine until this year when they have started to squeal.

I have jet washed them, Removed the wheel, removed the pads, cleaned everything with brake cleaner. Re greased the contact points (back of pads etc) Re greased the slider pins. Even cleaned out the drilled holes in the discs. Nothing has stopped them squealing..

I am out of ideas. Can anybody suggest anything before my tinitus gets worse!

Thanks!
Did you sort it out? I have same problem

Nope, still squealing 😭😭
On the side that's squeaking, both of the pins that hold the pads are a bit loose. J just noticed that.
Gonna take the caliper apart tomorrow to see if that is the cause.
Pins vibration can also cause noise

Ah hope that's what it is, I have had mine apart 3 times now!!. So I know it's all right as it should be. I suspect my issue is the pads, maybe I got a bad pair. Even though they are Brembo.

Ah hope that's what it is, I have had mine apart 3 times now!!. So I know it's all right as it should be. I suspect my issue is the pads, maybe I got a bad pair. Even though they are Brembo.
Hummmm....i got brembo discs and pads

That pin is wobbling all over.
The others are fixed.
Hopefully this is the cause

Attachments

• 20220724_161436.jpg
    20220724_161436.jpg
    853.7 KB · Views: 10

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom