Brake up grade

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Autotechscott

Car
C220 sport w204
Hi guys
I have a 12 plate c220 sport. Is there a bigger brake upgrade from another merc that I can bolt straight on ...
Cheers
Scott

Pretty sure you could get a set of Alcon or AP alround maybe costly!

Maybe some oe AMG setups may fit with a little work.

I had Alcons on my Golf R - TO be honest it cost me 3k and was pointless on daily road conditions.... Only helped on the track... and looked better than standard....

Word of advice, if you are buying them buy from JDL brakes in Poland that's where I got mine from... a dam sight cheaper than any UK dealer....

Check out the Golf R forum for their views on them...

I was happy with the service...

And they do look the dogs danglies

I had Alcons on a E46 M3 they look great and have immense stopping power, visually exec lent as said road use over kill. But if your happy to spend the money why not.

Plus M3 46/9* brakes are crap.

Just a thought try EBC brake pads i have the green pads fitted and on the standard clk 55 calipers they are much better even for road use, fast driving a plus

Also interested in this thread. I have a C350 as per pic below. Are there any recomended/tried and tested upgrade rotors/disc - pad combinations that out perform the OE set-up?
Sorry for muscling in, just a common interest ;)

Had Alcon on my Scooby £3.5k but awesome.

On the CLK Running AP racing calipers with Sparco race pads (changed yesterday) so cant comment on pads yet. Discs Mtec grooved and drilled. Goodridge stainless flexis and race spec brake fluid

If you do upgrade the brakes significantly dont forget to upgrade the fluid

I think if you change the hoses, pads and fluid you will get what you want... Or are you after looks and track racing?

Personally, I'm after uprated performance only. Looks are secondary, but still a consideration. If I do remove the calipers say to uprate the hoses, then they might get a coat of VHT paint and the discs likewise if they are a but crusty.
I also have Alcons on my Forester XT. I was wondering if they might be transferable to my C350? They a highly capable caliper and disc combo and I have a set of original calipers for the Foreter so it wouldn't be too materially difficult to swap them over.
If it isnt possible to swap them, or the brackets/adapters aren't available, are there any tried and tested manufacturers that compliment the standard MB calipers.

It would be easier to buy some c63 brakes and put them on, but you might need new wheels to fit the calipers/offset?

C63 brakes are garbage compared to Alcon, personally is look at the feasibility of swapping the Alcons over from the forester. One of the weak points on the C63 is the brakes I've suffered extreme fade and boiled the fluid a few times around the ring

Alcon made the Brabus brakes fitted to my E55K and they were phenomenal.

Give Carbotech up Carlisle way a ring, very knowledgeable and very helpful, I'd be surprised if they didn't have a suggestion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom