Brake upgrade - CLK 55

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
My calipers were from ebay and set me back £300 with delivery. The calipers cost £260 each from the stealership. The discs and pads will be around £150 for OEM parts.

Much cheaper than a big brake install.

Yep.. So A pair of 209 AMG discs and calipers should cost 400+ Then a pair of 171 SLK 55 Discs and calipers should cost in the same area.. + Pads should stay under a grand.

Calm down... I don't plan on not telling my insurance company.. Don't know where you got that idea from ?

I didn't think you wouldn't follow it through the correct channels at all :thumb:

I just get ****** off by the amount of wee 'barry's' that run around and we all know that their cars are not properly insured.

Yet drive a few mph over the speed limit and you get the joys of PC Plod.

Yep.. So A pair of 209 AMG discs and calipers should cost 400+ Then a pair of 171 SLK 55 Discs and calipers should cost in the same area.. + Pads should stay under a grand.

No if you buy completely new then the fronts alone will cost around 700 pound then you're looking at roughly the same again for the rears. If you get them off ebay and they do come up now and again you're looking at under a grand.

So will the brakes be more or less effective than the current setup ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom