Brake upgrade, performance upgrades

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ddddk

Car
C220 cdi sport
Hi guys. I'm making some changes to my08 c220 cdi sport.
As me being me and owning subarus and Evo over the last 6years one thing I've liked todo is modify them not in silly ways but sensible modification that won't make eyes bleed,
As I'm not 100% sure on all the compatalbility between models Im in need of major advice on the technical side.
Upgrades I'd like to make are as followed

1. Brakes I'd like to upgrade my standard tiny c220 front and rear brakes. I'm gonna go the whole hog and throw some amg calipers on but I need to no if the hubs match up and the calipers will bolt straight on with the correct size discs and pads, or does the amg use a different hub.

2. Power, I'm finding this car a little sluggish tbh even tho it's 170bhp/400
So I'm going to make a few refinements, I'm going to need to replace the injectors can anyone advise the current size in cc that my car would have in as standard. Would anyone no the current model number on the turbo and what would be a suitable upgrade is the turbo from the c250 bigger as the c250 has 204 bhp. Can anyone one recommend a good decat pipe or will I need one made
And would anyone know if this engine likes direct cold air feed. Or does it run better with the standard air box?

3. We all know once we've put all this together we need todo some remapping
Done, would anyone know a good merc mapper? I've herd that the ecu is really fragile and my current tuner really don't fancy tweaking my ecu..

I'd be greatful if anyone could share there knowledge

Regards dan

Has any body got any knowledge on any if the above?

AFAIK the AMG have different rear hubs and massively more expensive.

Instead of changing injectors etc., why not get a remap and release the potential of what you already have?

I will remap it once I've changed turbo ect just I wouldn't want it to run lean, with past experience when tuning it's always advise to up rate the injectors so they keep up with the fuel flow and amount needed to deliver the right amount of fuel for the power increase,

So are the front hubs the same? The amg calipers would just bolt on with correct size disc on the front?
The price of second hand hubs won't be as hard hitting ill just recon them if needed the calipers are around 800 used in good condition.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom