brake wear indicator

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

riz_k

Car
w203 c180k sport edition
Right the other day the brake wear indicator come on, I went round and checked all the pads but all of them only look half worn. Is it normal for them to trigger early? I wanted to know if the rear brakes have sensors or just the front? Im unsure if this is down to a dodgy sensor but I want to get it fixed this weekend when my car goes in for a service. but I need to let the garage know before hand if it's the front or rear pads that need replacing is there anyway to tell?

Oh it's a 2005 c180k sport edition

I have never seen a brake wear indicator on the rear. Have you tried removing the front wear indicators to check if they have not worn/shorted out? I had a similar problem with my old w124 and solved it by cutting the wire. You just need to keep an eye on pad wear after that.

I have never seen a brake wear indicator on the rear. Have you tried removing the front wear indicators to check if they have not worn/shorted out? I had a similar problem with my old w124 and solved it by cutting the wire. You just need to keep an eye on pad wear after that.

Thanks for your reply mate I had a look at the front sensor all looked well but obviously you can't see if it's worn. I think Ill replace the front sensor and go from there.

Should only be a few quid for a set of pads. The problem with cutting the wire is that whilst we SHOULD all check our brake pads/linings frequently , most of us rarely do.

Im gonna try a replacement sensor, the pads still have a lot of miles in them they only look half worn tbh

Sorted this in the end just got a set of replacement pads and sensor for peace of mind

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom