Brakes / Handbrake sticking on cold mornings

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tweaked9107

Car
Mercedes C43 Estate
Hi all,

I have a 2021 C43 and have noticed a potential fault. It might just be a quirk of how I do something rather than a fault so wanted to know if anyone else has experienced it.

In the morning when I first put the car in drive, I'll blip the throttle to start it rolling and then release (so after the initial blip I'm not touching the accelerator). I let the car start to roll forward and then all of a sudden after a split second of free roll I get some resistance and rough sound that slows it down. It's almost as if its applying / holding on the brakes a bit. Once it releases it's fine and doesn't do it again until the next day. It only ever happens in drive, never in reverse and I THINK only on cold mornings. I'm yet to be able to test it on a warmer morning though.

Anyone else had this? Is it because I'm not holding the throttle long enough for the brakes to release or could it be a sticking handbrake etc?

Hi all,

I have a 2021 C43 and have noticed a potential fault. It might just be a quirk of how I do something rather than a fault so wanted to know if anyone else has experienced it.

In the morning when I first put the car in drive, I'll blip the throttle to start it rolling and then release (so after the initial blip I'm not touching the accelerator). I let the car start to roll forward and then all of a sudden after a split second of free roll I get some resistance and rough sound that slows it down. It's almost as if its applying / holding on the brakes a bit. Once it releases it's fine and doesn't do it again until the next day. It only ever happens in drive, never in reverse and I THINK only on cold mornings. I'm yet to be able to test it on a warmer morning though.

Anyone else had this? Is it because I'm not holding the throttle long enough for the brakes to release or could it be a sticking handbrake etc?
Hi , I have exactly the same symptoms on my car but mine is 2016 model.

I have machencial hand break system but no doubt yours is electronic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom