Brakes noisy / vibrating

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

davidjpowell

MB Enthusiast
Car
E350 w212 and Ford Ranger
Happy New Year, the Merc is ill....

Other half got in the car for the first time in a few days yesterday and said 'it was stuck to the floor. Had to put loads of throttle on to move it'. She also said that the brakes were making a funny noise for a while afterwards.

Following on from that, I drove the car today. Slowing from 60 mpg I can hear knocking from the front left side of the car, and feel vibration from the steering wheel. Only comes on when braking.

Don't know if it's a side issue or not, but the handbrake is also reluctant to release, and it appears to have been on at some point.

Any ideas or pointers would as always be gratefully received.

David

It probably just needs a few heavy stops to clean the disks. It might need the brakes "servicing" which these days just seems to mean changing everything.

Cheers. If I could prise the car out of other half's hands I would try a few determined stops. I will at some point today, but half expect to be ordering discs, possibly x 4, gulp.

Had the same issue after leaving my SL55 standing for some time. On 3rd set of front discs now. Discs replaced vibration gone and their relatively cheap £80 . No good skimming either tried that before, The discs seem to have a rust issue, mercedes even say in manual dont put car away with wet discs, so what does that tell you?

New discs and pads fitted to mine today, and normal service is resumed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom