Brakes O.E or Pagid?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Del80y

Car
C220 Estate Sport 125
Whats your views on front pads and discs replacement ??
C220 S204 vented drilled

I can get discs/pads and sensor O.E from Mercedes Edinburgh for £157.20
ECP all Pagid £152.97

And carparts4less all Pagid £144.90

So are O.E better than Pagid or whats your thoughts:dk:

Brake pads/discs

Whats your views on front pads and discs replacement ??
C220 S204 vented drilled

I can get discs/pads and sensor O.E from Mercedes Edinburgh for £157.20
ECP all Pagid £152.97

And carparts4less all Pagid £144.90

So are O.E better than Pagid or whats your thoughts:dk:

MB O.E every time Pagid tend to black dust everything do you have brake wear sensors if so replace at same time

Stick to OE. You get a two year warranty on them. ECP only have a one year.

There is nothing wrong with Pagid at all but I just prefer the real deal.

Ask MB for a discount and you could end up cheaper than ecp!
I have found the more I have bought from my local MB parts department the greater discount I get. The parts manager knows me now so I no longer have to ask for a discount :)

Ask MB for a discount and you could end up cheaper than ecp!
I have found the more I have bought from my local MB parts department the greater discount I get. The parts manager knows me now so I no longer have to ask for a discount :)

Agree with Lyserman here - I bought discs and pads for my C63 at my dealer in Inverness, without me asking for discount, the parts department dropped the price from £860 to £640 - always use OE over pattern is my opinion.

So, the difference of £12.30 is sufficient to warrant experimenting with your brakes?

Stick to OE. You get a two year warranty on them. ECP only have a one year.

There is nothing wrong with Pagid at all but I just prefer the real deal.

They still mess your wheels and backplates up with black brake dust and MB sensors DONT like Pagid pads also not as good at high speed braking as MB O,E

I'l be getting my next set of pads from MB as I have never known brake dust like it before, that I'm getting from the ECP Pagids! They are terrible!

Sadly I fitted some to my Dads V70 and he says the same.

Whatever the part is, always get a price off the dealer parts department first then at least you know the worse case scenario.

In my experience though, they are usually that close in price (or cheaper in some cases) to the likes of ECP and GSF etc that I simply stick with them; I've never ever had a wrong part given to me when buying OEM whereas aftermarket suppliers are about 50%-50%.

Whatever the part is, always get a price off the dealer parts department first then at least you know the worse case scenario.

In my experience though, they are usually that close in price (or cheaper in some cases) to the likes of ECP and GSF etc that I simply stick with them; I've never ever had a wrong part given to me when buying OEM whereas aftermarket suppliers are about 50%-50%.

Plus you get the nice MB paperwork to put with the history file.
I's a shame I went down the ECP route as I don't think MB were that much dearer:(

Oh well, live and learn.

Plus you get the nice MB paperwork to put with the history file.
I's a shame I went down the ECP route as I don't think MB were that much dearer:(

Oh well, live and learn.

I priced up brand new front discs and pads for my W211 E55 and Mercedes quoted me £220 including VAT and at that price there's no point liking elsewhere!

O.E it is then

The question was not about saving £12.30
It was about quality as I read on another site some people were not happy with the wear rate of front O.E discs
That's why I was questioning it
I fitted Brembo to the rear as I got a really good deal on a kit
I mistakenly thought that O.E would be mental prices but very reasonable priced...
Thanks for the input

I bought front discs for my w221 from MB about 2 months ago. I've done 2000 miles and have severe brake judder
On contacting the dealer, I was told I need to complete a warranty claim form which they kindly emailed tome and pay £90 for them to check the discs to see if they are faulty.
It's safe to say, I won't be buying OE brake discs from now on

My last two sets of pads & discs were Pagid from ECP, bought when they have their 50% off sales. No problems with them at all.

Russ

I replaced my front discs with PAGID from ECP and ATE pads also from ECP on my W211 and that was about 8k miles ago! Have not a single problem nor any judder etc,yes I get brake dust but I'm sure all pads give off dust when braking. I will be replacing them with PAGID again when they wear out so I guess it's down to how well you replace them ie clean the hub thoroughly before putting new ones

Does anyone have a parts list of what I need for a front and rear discs and pads change on my W211, 2007 non sport pack.
I've looked on carparts4less and ECP, CP4L seem cheaper.
Do the pads come with everything I need i.e. anti rattle shims and bolts etc it's very unclear from the web. Do I need 4 wear sensors and are they all the same part?
Which make if I don't get a good price on MB parts are best. Textar or Pagid?

Anyone tried the E-Pads, any good?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom