Brand New Brabus Exhausts Everywhere !!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Those are from a chap over in cheltenham, they have come from a dealership closure, i picked up some brabus wheels from him, no problems at all, good comms and the items were as described.

he's also got oher MB stuff not sorted yet, so lots of servicing parts etc to be listed at some point, he's got 2 ebay accounts, although he said it should all be listed on this one, and it was a different cell phone number he messaged me from

i'd stick him in your watch list on ebay

My old one had had it .... perforated silencer , so it went in the bin. The A 190 tailpipe is oval , but i had no use for the trim so that was binned too. Doubt it would fit the 160 as the tailpipe is round ?

The Brabus one i had put on didn't come with the fitting kit ( 2ndhand ) so they had to cut the hangers off mine and weld them to the Brabus box.

It sounds nice , a little bit of a deeper note than before , but not ' Look at me !! ' loud.

It sounds nice , a little bit of a deeper note than before , but not ' Look at me !! ' loud.

yeah, that's what you want.... the subtlety of muscle without the hooligan element

I wouldn't go so far as to say that the A190 has any 'muscle' :D

Very tempting ...

Try making him an offer a fair way below the BIN price - worked for me a couple of weeks ago...hence I have a W202 Brabus back box waiting to be fitted this week :D

He lists a number of W203s that it fits - will a 280 petrol be OK (i.e. suitable and easy for a hamfist to fit) do you think?

My old one had had it .... perforated silencer , so it went in the bin. The A 190 tailpipe is oval , but i had no use for the trim so that was binned too. Doubt it would fit the 160 as the tailpipe is round ?

Well, from what I can see (and I might be completely wrong here), it's actually oval, but X and Y are almost the same, so not as pronounced as on A190. I'd be happy if I can replace just the trim - the exhaust itself is OK, it's the tailpipe that's ugly :|

He lists a number of W203s that it fits - will a 280 petrol be OK (i.e. suitable and easy for a hamfist to fit) do you think?

If it's just the back box i don't see why a competent DIY'er shouldn't be able to do it, the only thing i would say is that the more space you have the better, ie: if you have access to ramps, use them, because sometimes removing the old box can be a pain if it's rusted in place, and you need a bit of leverage to shift it, so no space or working on a precarious jack is not ideal.

As for making him an offer, why not, you have nothing to loose

As for whether it will fit, i think he has simply listed what is on the labels, if yours is not listed then it won't be the one you need

300 for the w203. What would MB have charged retail I wonder?

Would there be much benefit fitting these to anything that doesn't have any performance to begin with. Im thinking c180 :(

Will it fit the A210 LWB?-wifes car exhaust appears fine but these look good value-tempting?

I agree with make him an offer the back box, prices are high I didn't pay that direct from Brabus for my CLK. Brabus Kit is good gear though. I had a Stainless exhaust made to the original Brabus Exhaust dimensions but it was just never right, replaced it with the genuine article and it just transformed the car as others will tell you who saw it at the last GTG. Although all Brabus exhausts are made by Remus there must be something different that Brabus spec in the production because again the difference between Brabus and Remus is significantly different

Will it fit the A210 LWB?-wifes car exhaust appears fine but these look good value-tempting?

Doesn't list the A210 , but can't see why it wouldn't ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom