Brand new C Class stolen in 2 minutes from drive

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

nadj

Posting on behalf of my in laws who had their £35k C class stolen earlier this week.

Real date/time: 3rd May 2016, 5:30 AM - This is a one month old C-Class stolen from just off The Drive, in Ilford, Essex IG1. Purchased from Mercedes in Loughton, Essex. The thieves walk up to the car carrying a laptop and manage to open the door locks without any difficulty using either a preprogrammed key fob or the laptop it self.

(FF to camera time of 19:34:00 or about 50 seconds in on YT)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U63QJqSdSRI

Last edited:
thats crazy..

Guess all they need is a software application to read the keyless entry encrypted code which then handshakes and open it is.

As you say, they then programmed the key to get the car started otherwise they would of set off in an instant.

Take it the milkman who passed 1 min before didnt spot anything?

Did the car have keyless entry and start?

Id certainly be a bit ****** off at that speed but it does indicate a pro thieving to order.

Lets be straight on one thing though. Keyless of not, the laptop, transmitter, OBD screwup technology has been around a long time just not widely publicised.

The first time I am aware of anyone coming across it was a Jag x type stolen just after launch with no keys/keyfob needed.

Worrying though.

I will be going old fashioned, disk loc, or similar as additional deterrent.

I will be going old fashioned, disk loc, or similar as additional deterrent.

Exactly what ive always done. And people laugh when i do that

You can see the guy with the laptop had a plug dangling from it
Definitely been plugged in and keys bypassed
Easily done!

Definitely time for the old Stop Lock type products again.

That is nuts...

Thanks guys. Milkman is definitely being traced as he would've had an excellent shot of the thieving *******s in their filthy jogging gear carrying a laptop at an ungodly hour. If you look carefully, one of them is even smoking as he walks up to the car. He has to get rid of the butt at some point, so we got happy for a while thinking we'd have an excellent DNA sample. However the ciggy butt is nowhere to be found.

Would anyone here join me in saying that these are more than likely Eastern European thieves (Polish, Romanian or Albanian)? I reckon I can tell by the swagger, the way one was smoking and the broad shoulders.

Hmm, not sure you can really go on the swagger, smoking and with broad shoulders.

All manner of scrotes fit that description.

Beyond insurance and police I would take this to Mercedes as well as they sold you a car that the security is substandard and weak. Write a letter up to the top

TG

Ps: looks like the older more traditional locks are here to stay....

When I bought our new gle the other week, I made sure I as not going to get the keyless go

Sadly, I used to lol at people still using that disk steering lock but it makes sense

Best way forward is a tracker and a second one via your own phone as you can but much smaller tracker discs and these inbreed low lives have branis to look for the one only so hopefully they get caught - usally just a small gang moves around town to town and about 4 to 5 in the morning is their best time to steal as most epople are fast asleep but the crims are covered as a few are up and about going to work so crims can mingle with them - all will be armed and prepared to kill, that is until they come face to face with an armed cop they soon soil their knickers

When I bought our new gle the other week, I made sure I as not going to get the keyless go

Sadly, I used to lol at people still using that disk steering lock but it makes sense

Best way forward is a tracker and a second one via your own phone as you can but much smaller tracker discs and these inbreed low lives have branis to look for the one only so hopefully they get caught - usally just a small gang moves around town to town and about 4 to 5 in the morning is their best time to steal as most epople are fast asleep but the crims are covered as a few are up and about going to work so crims can mingle with them - all will be armed and prepared to kill, that is until they come face to face with an armed cop they soon soil their knickers

Trackers are useless I can disable a tracker within 15 seconds as I used to fit them so a pro theif can do exactly the same. There are some serious security flaws on the new BMW and MB that need fixing urgently it's a joke that you pay £50k for a car that can be nicked with £20's worth of kit

Just so I understand this then. In future...
Keyless go.
Walk up to car. Open door. Take out keys. Unlock large unwieldy heavy device. Remove said device taking care not to damage anything. Put device in the boot so you can carry full complement of passengers. Return to drivers seat. Start car.
Non keyless go
Walk up to car. Press button. Open door. Insert key. Start car.

That's progress.

On a serious note, I hope all gets sorted and these scum get their just desserts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom