Brand New Car - Thinking Of Taking Delivery Dirty

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DSLiverpool

MB Enthusiast
Car
Subaru Outback 3.0Rn
Has anyone had experience of buying a new car and asking the supplying dealer not to wash it (jetwash maybe)

I have a super zymol wax on my Aston (youtube AMDB9) which makes it so lovely its amazing and im thinking if I get a virgin car (the Jag XFR) and get it to my detailer will it be better than new ?

The dealer had a kitten when i said I would probably not want it touched by grit infested rag (not really)

Any input appreciated

I would demand it that way so you can do your own work on it.

Some YTS will jet wash it and wash it with a dropped gritted leather if not :(

Not so good to collect that way I guess...

It's hit and miss really, if you collect it dirty then find marks, little scratches or dents when you got home you would have no or little come back. Yes they would more than likely inflict minor swirl marks on the paint if they washed it dealership style but at least you would have a better chance at spotting any deep scratches, dents or defects.

Could your detailer go and do the job at the garage before you 'officially' take delivery? That way the garage is happy you have a shiny clean car on delivery and you are happy its not had the grit rag treatment

You are spending £60k on a car.

Tell them you want it perfect and allow yourself the time to be a total PITA at the inspection.

If necessary, take your detailer with you for his opinion ;)

Could your detailer go and do the job at the garage before you 'officially' take delivery? That way the garage is happy you have a shiny clean car on delivery and you are happy its not had the grit rag treatment

As above. Have seen some of the detailers on detailing world do this for customers cars at the dealers showroom. They detail the car there once it arrives before the owner takes delivery.

Has anyone had experience of buying a new car and asking the supplying dealer not to wash it (jetwash maybe)

I have a super zymol wax on my Aston (youtube AMDB9) which makes it so lovely its amazing and im thinking if I get a virgin car (the Jag XFR) and get it to my detailer will it be better than new ?

The dealer had a kitten when i said I would probably not want it touched by grit infested rag (not really)

Any input appreciated

Hi

We detail many cars at the dealership before the client collects their pride and joy. On monday morning I will be doing a new Scirocco R at a dealership.

Either way, I wouldn't collect your car dirty just incase there are any more serious marks on the paintwork which cannot been seen when you first collect it. It is quite possible they will try and shift the blame on you.

Regards
G :)

The garage will jet it and that should be good enough, for reasons I can understand they cant allow a 3rd party to work on a pre delivered car also Matt doesnt travel anymore since he moved to sort of warrington.

I think a jet wash and a ionised water rinse will do then straight to Matts and leave with him for a few days (the Aston took 5 days)

I did with my new delivery, however, as it was a showroom car it had been prepped before popping it in there. I did however ask the dealer not to do anything further as I wanted to do it myself and they were more than happy to do that. It gave me an opportunity to go ver the car to ensure there was no defects, signs of repair etc... They said it was the first car they delivered to a customer dirty as it was left outside after I purchased it as so many people wanted to get in and take a look...

http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/gene...e-given-temptation-picking-her-up-3-days.html

http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/general-discussion/87858-photos-you-have-all-been-waiting.html

I have had my last 3 cars professionally detailed before i took delivery wouldn't let a car dealership anywhere near my car

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom