Brand New CyberTruck - Rusting!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

KillerHERTZ

Administrator
Staff member
Car
SL63 AMG
Interesting video on the Cybertruck and the woeful handover process which Tesla has become in the states:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

At least the W210/W208/W202 waited a couple of years before the rot kicked in :D

Seems you have to pay $5000 for a clear factory wrap if you don't want it to rust:

Which presumably still won't stop rust coming through from underneath, in that finest tradition of rust ingress.

Another joke from the firm that fired its entire Supercharger team (below) on the same day.

Current P/E ratio: 54 (While Mercedes P/E ratio is a mere 5.4 - yes Five Point Four)

Image 4.jpeg

Last edited:
It’s a cult, not an investment.
A more visionary version of Crypto, if you will.

Surprised they didn’t go for a galvanised finish considering the ‘rough and ready’ ethos of the vehicle.

A field day for Tesla bashers, no doubt... not that any of them will ever buy a Tesla, let alone the Cybertruck. They are obviously genuinely concerned for the people who bought them, from one motorist to another :rolleyes:

AFAIK the Cybertruck won't be sold outside the USA. Apart from anything else there's no way the front end would meet UK / EU pedestrian impact requirements.

AFAIK the Cybertruck won't be sold outside the USA. Apart from anything else there's no way the front end would meet UK / EU pedestrian impact requirements.
Not to mention its over 3.5 tonne so, if you passed your test after 96, you could not drive it without passing your C1 test.... and who's going to do that? Oldies like me could drive it.......but I'm stopped by something else....good taste and not being blind....its an ugly monstrosity!

A field day for Tesla bashers, no doubt... not that any of them will ever buy a Tesla, let alone the Cybertruck. They are obviously genuinely concerned for the people who bought them, from one motorist to another :rolleyes:
A field day for “Emperor’s new clothes.”

The original vision was clear. “To sell in the USA we need a truck because it’s an important segment.” But then they produce something radical with many flaws: icommercial, practical, late and over budget.

These aren’t features of the drivetrain. It’s issues around product innovation. Our dear friends the luxury ICE SUV innovators are quietly going through the same issues as they try to make Ferraris, Lambos, and Aston Martins plausible £200k off-road vehicles.

Musk said years ago that his cars where not forever.....just a shop window for his battery tech.....and he would end up auto battery supplier to the world.....That didnt happen!!!

Being the nerd that I am, I have been following on YouTube an ongoing saga of some American pick-up trucks that have chrome fenders that are covered by surface rust within weeks of taking delivery of the new vehicles, with the US dealers advising the unhappy owners that this is not covered by warranty and that they should just polish it out regularly.

There's another ongoing issues with brand new Ford F150 trucks having their drivetrain covered with surface rust, again Ford say it is surface rust and has no effect on the performance or reliability of the vehicle, leaving owners fuming.

Have you heard about this before? No, you did not... guess why.

And, BTW, the only reason you know about the MB rusting wheels bolts issue is because you are members of this forum... try to raise this as a topic of conversation at the pub and all of a sudden everyone else will be looking at their watches and saying "Blyme, is this the time?"

Being the nerd that I am, I have been following on YouTube an ongoing saga of some American pick-up trucks that have chrome fenders that are covered by surface rust within weeks of taking delivery of the new vehicles, with the US dealers advising the unhappy owners that this is not covered by warranty and that they should just polish it out regularly.

There's another ongoing issues with brand new Ford F150 trucks having their drivetrain covered with surface rust, again Ford say it is surface rust and has no effect on the performance or reliability of the vehicle, leaving owners fuming.

And, BTW, the only reason you know about the MB rusting wheels bolts issue is because you are members of this forum... try to raise this as a topic of conversation at the pub and all of a sudden everyone else will be looking at their watches and saying "Blyme, is this the time?"
What rusting wheel bolt issue?

The predictable issue of rust on this stainless steel bodywork doesn't come as news. That's why we have our vehicles painted on all sides, not just the outside. It's why we have rust protection.

Inadequate chrome work and poor storage in the distribution network likewise isn't a real issue. It's a traditional quality and distribution issue

As with DeLorean, Tesla has challenged vehicle manufacturing paradigms. And it's probably failed.

Nothing to do with being an EV, or with reducing climate change. Just an example of putting too much money on an unproven concept.

What rusting wheel bolt issue?

The predictable issue of rust on this stainless steel bodywork doesn't come as news. That's why we have our vehicles painted on all sides, not just the outside. It's why we have rust protection.

Inadequate chrome work and poor storage in the distribution network likewise isn't a real issue. It's a traditional quality and distribution issue

As with DeLorean, Tesla has challenged vehicle manufacturing paradigms. And it's probably failed.

Nothing to do with being an EV, or with reducing climate change. Just an example of putting too much money on an unproven concept.

...or of pioneering spirit?

"I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work."

Thomas Alva Edison, 1847–1931

...or of pioneering spirit?

"I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work."

Thomas Alva Edison, 1847–1931

Exactly. Which is why organisations like BMW, Honda and Toyota hypothesise, trial and test.

While others are … occasionally … tempted to put all their chips on Number 7

IMG_3445.jpeg

Could it be by any chance, that they ain't EVs therefore not news/bullshit worthy? 🤔🙄

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom