brand new & just a few questions pls

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

leeroy99

Car
e320 cdi estate 2001 avantgarde
hi there,just bought my first Mercedes its a 2001 e320 cdi avantgaurd
im confused is it a w210 or t210,also does myn have a valeo radiator,
& also what is the little adjustable nob on the side of the airbox says
75 or 100 % ?
& just any advice on running & servicing thanx in advance:bannana:
very happy so far so comftable & quick when you need it lol

As an estate it's a T model, but known as an S210, in the same way as mine is an S212.

Welcome.

thanx very much,do you have any idea about the valeo radiator or any other info about the car please thanx lee

W210 didn't suffer any radiator issues.
The 75%/100% gauge is to tell you when the air filter is becoming blocked.

thanx very much,just new with the merc & like to no as much as I can about the car
loving it so far very nice for a old car,do you no of any major probs with them or are they good ?
seems some of them have mega miles on.mine has only got a 132k fsh,
thanx again lee

hi feeling a bit sick already,when I purchased the car I checked oil & water in header tank,& everything was ok ran the car for two weeks & just checked today & theres a bit of cream in the header tank? nocked my plug right in.
ive checked the oil & there doesent seem to be any water in the oil im just worried what is going to be the out come?? also the temperature gauge doesn't seem to be moving much it only goes up just over 40 when its had quite a run help please ?

New thermostat will sort out the low temperature. I don't know for sure but running at a low temperature may cause gunge in header tank but more likely if the gunge was in the oil filler cap. I hope that's your problem and not something more serious.

Last edited:
hi thanx for info theres nothing on the oil filler cap & nothing on the dipstick & not using water just fed up like hope theres nothing serious,do they suffer head gasket problems help please ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom