Brand new old Merc !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

LamboV8S

Car
SE300 w126 & Discovery
Hi All,

Just took delivery of a 1991 SE300 today, 97k miles lots of history.
Faults; Fuel gauge sticks just under half full, cruise drops off and small crack in the r/n/s bumper strip.
Only other thing is a light wiper scratch on the windscreen, any one used one of the kits to remove?
Looking forward to getting to know the 'Hitler staff car' as it is refferd to at the works!
Traded an MR2 Roadster for it, not much different!!!!!!!

LamboV8S

Very happy to ogle the piccies, but oggling them sounds like some northern unspeakableness.

Last edited:
It is similar but more guttural and involves grim ferrets in flat hats and clogs..

To oggle.

To gaze lustfully upon whilst making appreciative grunting sounds.

Perhaps you are right Charles.

The cruise control problem may well be a cracked solder joint on the PCB in the CC module.

I believe it's up behind the brake pedal, about the size of a cigarette packet. The solder joints on the connector terminals are prone to cracking, a close inspection with a magnifying glass may reveal a hairline crack or two. The quick bodge repair is to simply reflow the joints, the proper one is to bridge the crack with wire, connecting to the copper track at both ends.

Hi All,

Just took delivery of a 1991 SE300 today, 97k miles lots of history.
Faults; Fuel gauge sticks just under half full, cruise drops off and small crack in the r/n/s bumper strip.
Only other thing is a light wiper scratch on the windscreen, any one used one of the kits to remove?
Looking forward to getting to know the 'Hitler staff car' as it is refferd to at the works!
Traded an MR2 Roadster for it, not much different!!!!!!!

LamboV8S

Congrats!

The fuel guage sticking is probably the sender unit. Not sure where its located on the SE, but its at the rear-end in my 124 Coupe (I have the same issue). Doesn't bother me though as long you know how far you can go on a tank!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom