Brast petrol grass mower.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
No head to speak of, push rods from the sump cams (plastic, driven by plastic gears). O/h rockers and valves (that can contact piston). No rev control, pull the handlebar control, that lifts the brake off the flywheel / magneto, pull the ratchet engine crank and it starts. The carb is preset to rev, but not too high. There is an anti stall enrichment / rev device that I think lifts as revs drop (not looked too closely).
In truth I don't think I would hear the 'little' big end knocking above the exhaust. If it lets go so be it.

I'll keep it off the slopey bit and as well as looking for another motor (car) I'll see if I can get materials delivered to finish the wall and finish levelling the lawn.

I can keep myself busy around here for months yet, with materials, or another car to play with.
Rerun the slopey but to. Attire, maybe throw in some meadow flower seeds for effect.

Just an idea, but would putting Slick 50 or another oil additive in the engine help especially when it is being starved of oil???

kc

The oil I removed, and the residues around the engine, was all in poor condition. Certainly it had picked up contamination, from the alloy casing is my opinion.
Tbh with it being some what sludgy I'm surprised it was starved of oil as I would expect that stuff to stick, but maybe not lubricate as I would hope.
It has a semi synth in now and that may improve things.
It started v easily earlier but blasted a small cloud of black smoke that it hadn't previously.

Time'll tell.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom