Brave pills anyone. Ex Japan W210 E60

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Depends what you want it for. It has a bit more power and torque than an E55, but not really enough more to make much difference. The M119 has rather different power characteristics to the M113; more cammy, less low-end torque.

If you can find a rust-free W210 E55 (and hens' teeth in the boot, no doubt...), it might be a better drive.

The interior is entirely a matter of taste.

The specification is good, but you would have to change the headlamps for UK roads. It's LHD, too.

As an investment, the seller is spot on; prices will only rise. I wonder what his reserve is?

Definitely worth a look at. It's a collector's car.

The specification is good, but you would have to change the headlamps for UK roads. It's LHD, too.
That's odd. Japan drives on he left, so it should have been a RHD car if that's where it originated.

It must have been an import in to Japan that was exported to the UK?

That's odd. Japan drives on he left, so it should have been a RHD car if that's where it originated.

It must have been an import in to Japan that was exported to the UK?

In Japan, LHD is believed to be a symbol of status to draw attention to the fact that the car has not been manufactured in Japan.

I've been noticing more Mercedes cars imported from Japan with low mileage from the 1990 era.
They say no rust due to no road salt and kinder climate but what are the other pros and cons?

Part of the problem with Japanese imports is that the importers have sticky fingers.

It may not be so much of a problem with a Mercedes, but if you source a JDM Silvia with a range of after-market parts (perhaps at auction through an agent), you'll often find that half of them aren't on it when it arrives. - Typically it's not the running gear, but things like boost controllers and gauges. - I'd guess the car you get may not match the spec list from the VIN.

It might also depend where it has been in Japan; they certainly get a lot of snow in the North, and there's certainly plenty of sea spray on the coast, so perhaps not salting the roads doesn't make them that much better.

My GTiR certainly rusts like nothing else, but I can't say whether that's due to being kept and used in the UK, or that it was never undersealed in Japan.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom