Bravery recognition needed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pontoneer

Car
W124 E220
While I might be critical of criminals and wrongdoers in other posts , and support them being severely dealt with ; the story below shows the flip side .

This brave young man did not hesitate when he saw two young children get into difficulty around a waterfall in the Brecon beacons ; he dived in ( dove in ? ) and did his utmost to save them , and indeed they were saved , but sadly he perished under the water .

My condolences go out to his family , but I think there needs to be some public recognition of his brave deeds .

Here in Scotland , our Chief Fire Officer can bestow a commendation for such acts of bravery , I guess the same is true in Wales , where the Fire and Rescue Service is responsible for protection and saving of lives both on land and in inland water courses .

Perhaps this should be brought to the attention of the King , or the Prince of Wales , so that a Royal Commendation could be made ?

Of course such a commendation would not bring the young man back , but it might be something his family and loved ones might cherish with some pride ?

Perhaps his name could be used in some initiative towards saving lives , whether related to water safety or not ; perhaps a rescue boat or something could be named after him , so that memory of his deed lives on ?

What does everyone think ? I don't know the answer - these are just my thoughts .

Last edited:
Incredibly brave act ! Proper definition of a hero .
You can write to the King to recommend him
I will then !

I will do it tonight .... think I will cc it to the PM since the hero belongs to the same ethnic minority he does , he may give it his support , especially now that he is courting public opinion .

I will then !

I will do it tonight .... think I will cc it to the PM since the hero belongs to the same ethnic minority he does , he may give it his support , especially now that he is courting public opinion .
Well done Sir , it’s a proper decent thing to do for his family .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom