Break checked and crashed

• Thread starter Deleted member 108742
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 108742

Hi all,

Just wanted your opinion on this one, I was break checked while exiting the M1, I lost control and crashed into the barrier.

The Audi sped up along side you forcing you back onto the road and I panicked as other vehicles were coming fast.

I was wondering if the insurance see this video would they say I'm at fault and not pay the repair? Or they will say I am not at fault and deal with the Audi insurance to pay the repair?

No other vehicles were involved.

Appreciate your opinion, video below

Video here

Attachments

• 20210824_233741.jpg
    20210824_233741.jpg
    448.9 KB · Views: 67
Last edited by a moderator:
Cant view the video

Hi all,

Just wanted your opinion on this one, I was break checked while exiting the M1, I lost control and crashed into the barrier.

The Audi sped up along side you forcing you back onto the road and I panicked as other vehicles were coming fast.

I was wondering if the insurance see this video would they say I'm at fault and not pay the repair? Or they will say I am not at fault and deal with the Audi insurance to pay the repair?

No other vehicles were involved.

Appreciate your opinion, video below

Video here
Video here

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

YouTube video here

Sorry to hear about your crash, glad to know that no-one was injured.

The link you posted requires an account with box.com.

But on a general note, the first question would be if any of the other cars can be identified. Does the video show the plates of the car the break-checked you, or of the Audi that 'pushed' you off the road?

If the other parties cannot be identified, then the question of 'fault' doesn't come into it (as far as the insurer is concerned), I.e. you can either claim on your own policy, and you can repair the damage yourself and avoid making a claim - these are your two options.

If, however, the other parties' plates are visible, then you can check liability with your insurer, and potentially also forward the video to the police.

Just saw the video.

I don't think the Audi brake-checked you, I think he/she was indecisive on whether to take the slip road or nor.

Poor driving on behalf of the Audi driver, granted, but you clearly weren't keeping a safe distance.

With regards my previous post, watching the footage on my phone I can't see if the Audi's plate is visible, I'll check it on the big screen later. But if the plate is not visible (and assuming the Audi driver didn't stop?), then tbe question of fault is academic.

Last edited:
You got that one wrong fella.
Outside lane to inside to leave at last second. Either poor planning not to fall behind traffic on't inside or you were cutting across those you had passed.

If you had a reasonable, 2 second, distance between you and the black car you would have had plenty of buffer zone to not worry about the black car braking.

You could report the black car for his actions but tbh it looks to me as though you attempted to get passed rather than brake yourself as before the 'test' you were travelling at the same speed.

Further honesty,
I get peed off at others driving like you putting me and mine in danger.

Good luck in trying to claim off the Audi drivers insurance. It’s a long shot. Sorry.

Last edited by a moderator:
Also, I think that swerving and trying to overtake a car slowing-down or stopped on the slip road (while also accelerating?) was a wrong reaction, you should have slowed-down (checking your rear view mirror), kept your distance, then wait and observe what the Audi will be doing next. Unless you were going too close and too fast to do that - in which case the answer is obvious. Sorry if this is not what you wanted to hear.

Poor , indecisive , driving by the Audi BUT you should have stayed in lane one when the Audi was blocking your exit from the motorway , you may have missed your junction but the incident would have potentially been avoided.

K

Just saw the video.

I don't think the Audi brake-checked you, I think he/she was indecisive on whether to take the slip road or nor.

Poor driving on behalf of the Audi driver, granted, but you clearly weren't keeping a safe distance.

With regards my previous post, watching the footage on my phone I can't see if the Audi's plate is visible, I'll check it on the big screen later. But if the plate is not visible (and assuming the Audi driver didn't stop?), then tbe question of fault is academic.
Yeah I have his registration number from another video, watching all the footage I saw that the same car was driving very erratically, cutting lanes and break in front of others.

Poor , indecisive , driving by the Audi BUT you should have stayed in lane one when the Audi was blocking your exit from the motorway , you may have missed your junction but the incident would have potentially been avoided.

K
True. But apparently there was another pissed off driver at the Audi behind me that accelerated too so it was a case of crash into the audi or break in front of the second car

...You could report the black car for his actions...

Well, there's one thing the Audi driver definitely did which is wrong.... from the footage it seems that the MB crashed into the traffic cones ahead of the Audi, so the Audi driver would have seen the crash. From the legal perspective, his/her car was 'involved ' in a crash (even if it wasn't in physical contact with another vehicle), and so he/she should have stopped at the scene (or report the incident to the police at the earliest opportunity). But, again, this is only valid if the Audi's plates are readable.

True. But apparently there was another pissed off driver at the Audi behind me that accelerated too so it was a case of crash into the audi or break in front of the second car

The Audi behind you was driving on the slip road or on the inner lane? Was the Audi behind you turning off the motorway, or continuing straight?

Well, there's one thing the Audi driver definitely did which is wrong.... from the footage it seems that the MB crashed into the traffic cones ahead of the Audi, so the Audi driver would have seen the crash. From the legal perspective, his/her car was 'involved ' in a crash (even if it wasn't in physical contact with another vehicle), and so he/she should have stopped at the scene (or report the incident to the police at the earliest opportunity). But, again, this is only valid if the Audi's plates are readable.
Yeah I have his registration number from another video, watching all the footage I saw that the same car was driving very erratically before that, cutting lanes and break in front of others. I didn't notice it while driving but it's all recorded

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom