Break checked and crashed

• Thread starter Deleted member 108742
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I'm just waiting for the your grandpapy kept the watch up his ar$e line.

Yes, Possibly tough to understand & its called the power to insult without really being too direct and pi$$ everyone off
. Ex President Trump was good at it.
I learned a lot from reading the forum responses, even the extremely alarming ones from Brits about senior citizens, and the encouraging private messages from forum members who are in the trade so to speak .
Ostensibly one forum member asked why I post here?
The answer is in the YouTube attachment as a motivational speech by Adm Mc Raven. US Navy Seals . (if you can understand it)
My daughter Doctora Lauren (Venezolana) Pediatrician was in the audience as a grad in BioMed studies. (Class of 2010 )

I had one such speech as an eight year old by decorated WW2 Battle of Britain Hurricane pilot who had no face.
Our Mr "No Nose" , Pilot Officer Green was a hero to me as a boy at the time and sadly having asked who is today a British hero I got nothing .
So here is something to contemplate from the USA .
Tuercas viejas

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
The speech was 2014.

I'm off to cut my wristso_O Second thoughts, will just stop reading this thread:mad: Happy bitching:thumb:

...I had one such speech as an eight year old by decorated WW2 Battle of Britain Hurricane pilot who had no face.
Our Mr "No Nose" , Pilot Officer Green was a hero to me as a boy at the time and sadly having asked who is today a British hero I got nothing .
So here is something to contemplate from the USA .
Tuercas viejas

To my shame I had no idea who Pilot Officer Green was, nor who were the British heroes since the War, so I Googled it, and this is the answer to your question:

Screenshot-20210909-055243-Chrome.jpg

Not sure though what's the relevance of this info to the thread or to the forum?

Outside modern thinking !
I suggest its morphed from that old fashioned upper class English snobbery very prevalent in the UK when I grew there in the 1950's.
Today we have car snobs ,driving attitude snobs, holiday destination snobs , house snobs, & what you do for a living snobs (ie. blue collar or white collar as the Yanks call it) Et Al
Even in the 1980's 's working for B/L there was the white lab coat guys like me, who had different collars attached as a sort of status symbol or simply know you bloody place mate ! .
This guy is Tech1 and this guy with the yellow collar Tech 5 in Engineering (yesterday couldn't even spell it now I are one!) & with a red 'un he is Corporate Grade 26 entitled to company car for free like a Dolomite . Whoopty do!

This thread concentrated (originally as it did on the topic of driving ) and over cooking it on a highway exit and doing a bit of damage, in short a fender bender .
Really no big deal,
but Oh boy, Oh Boy the poor OP was picked to pieces by the forum driving snobs, reading him being eagerly chastising for bad driving techniques. & how accomplished they are those a quasi Fiangios responders ~ Oh sorry my bad,. should have said Sterling Moss 'cos he was a Brit not a bloody Cuban/Argie. A foreigner!

Now today with a driver shortage in the UK suddenly you don't give $schit where the driver comes from, as long as you are not inconvenienced at Waitrose and your polished MB ride is not key'd by a fellow Brit miscreant .

Then an overseas member as an ESL contributor was picked on by silly but subtle innuendo, that quintessentially if not unique Brit manner in direct address or the written word when dealing with a foreigner .
Now its de-generated to peanut head !!!
Come on where's your manners.

Now me the enigma.
A Brit gone rogue.

Doesn't think like us, and has obviously lost that intrinsic exclusivity of being a domiciled Brit in the British islands. Why are you on this web site as a member I'm asked ???.
The confusion is only made worse by being a Ven with a cedula which states Venezolano.
Why would a Brit become a Ven? --Oh my brain hurts and it confuses my British sensibilities., (I can tell because I have rudely been asked point blank by a fellow Brit ! )
Argentina comes into more confused thinking, another nation of miscreant Americans like those Yanks who we deep down regard as slightly less cultured than us. (Canucts not quite so but the still talk like Yanks !)

So I turned the table on some of you folks writing "RUDE" about hot button issues as only a born and bred Brit can you.

As an insight I have a farm Argentina, called an Estancia.
I inherited it from my grandfather, who was a 6 years orphaned bare foot boy in North Shields at the turn of the century, became a cabin boy on an Argentinian freighter.
Educated by the Master of the ship (an Argy OMG) he was fluent in Spanish & German by the outbreak the 1st World War .He served the British Crown in the Northern Cyclist Battalion & the Lancashire Fusiliers at Passiondale.
He became a decorated officer in the field in 1917 and served again in the 2nd World War

Now if you know anything, anything at all about Argentina, you will know that its part of Mercosur like Venezuela .
A sort of EU of the south !
And just like the EU, Brits HAD rights of domicile & work in member countries --Get the picture AND contrary to machinations & direct accusation by rude forum members I am not a "Narco Trafiicante "!

I will close this post with a question
For domiciled Brits what makes for you a British hero?
Equally what makes for an American hero?
Think about it before answering.
Hasta La Vista
Tuercas viejas
I would stop if I were you. You have clearly lost it and are projecting us oldie in a very poor light.
BTW, what is the reason for the random bold highlighting?

Last edited:
On the original topic, I tow a small Eriba behind my C250 Estate and am limited to 50 on single carriageway and 60 on dual carriageway and motorway.
This puts me among the HGV fraternity in lane 1 for most of the time. I seldom have any trouble getting in to lane 2 to overtake as long as I signal in time. I am not allowed in to lane 3.
I can clearly drive much faster even with the van on the back but I find it far more entertaining watching the willie waving between the drivers of "premium" German marques.
Indicators? who needs them, speed limit? that's for others, safe interval? 6ft is plenty at 80 mph+. I particularly like it when I am tailgated by (insert German marque of choice)whilst overtaking an HGV at 60 mph in lane 2, as if flashing a zillion lumens at me will speed me up.
On single carriageway NSL roads I try to give consideration to those who are allowed to travel faster than my 50mph by keeping well over to the left when I can see a clear overtaking possibility for them. This is largely appreciated and acknowledged. However, there are those that latch themselves to the rear of the Eriba, swerving left and right with no possibility of overtaking. With these I adopt a policy of "the nearer you get the slower I get."
Pointless aggressive flashing and retaliatory brake testing as in the OPs clip are all too common. They are both idiots.

BTW what are these breaks everyone seems to have? Are they by chance a development of the brakes that my car has?

I would stop if I were you. You have clearly lost it and are projecting us oldie in a very poor light.
BTW, what is the reason for the random bold highlighting?
I've found that the more use of bold and/or capitals generally equals the higher potential for bullshit.

Our boastful ex-pat has been silent since he mixed up the dates of his daughter's graduation speech which took place 4 years before it was first aired.

^^ Maybe TV got the date his daughter started her course mixed up with her graduation date . If she started in 2010 and graduated in 2014 she would have been 'class of 2014' not class of 2010. 🤷‍♂️

Either way this thread has some bizarre twists in it !

^^ Maybe TV got the date his daughter started her course mixed up with her graduation date . If she started in 2010 and graduated in 2014 she would have been 'class of 2014' not class of 2010. 🤷‍♂️

Either way this thread has some bizarre twists in it !
Doesn't it just?

He might have the dates mixed up, it does sound a bit like the number of people who that they saw the Sex Pistols at the 100 Club, if they were all telling the truth the club would have had to be the size of Wembley stadium.

Yup . Sir Tom Jones said in an interview if he had actually delivered milk as a boy to all of the people in Wales that said he was their milkman he must have had the " biggest bloody milk round in the entire world !"

And just about every 'Cockney Wonker' you ever talk has some sort of tenuous link to the 'salt of the earth' Kray twins....🥱 :rolleyes:

Yup . Sir Tom Jones said in an interview if he had actually delivered milk as a boy to all of the people in Wales that said he was their milkman he must have had the " biggest bloody milk round in the entire world !"

And just about every 'Cockney Wonker' you ever talk has some sort of tenuous link to the 'salt of the earth' Kray twins....🥱 :rolleyes:
I’m a Londoner and we went to different schools together. Does that count.

I once saw Jeremy Clarkson walking down Edgware Road, wearing a pair of denim and a brown tweed jacket, ca 2005. True story. Does this count? And if it does, to what?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom