Breakdown cover...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Koolvin

Administrator
Staff member
Car
W168, W169 & S202
I have just Joined the AA now that I have a non MB spec setup! If my car was normally aspirated ie no turbo then I wouldn't have bothered!!! :bannana:

How many of you guys have Breakdown cover?

Full monty AA.

Havn't got the jack out to swap the spare yet. :bannana:

Full monty AA cover

And secondary AA cover via my lloyds bank account

Mark

Originally posted by Black180
AA Family cover, never used it.

I find them worth the money totally. Piece of mind and a rapid, friendly response every time.

On the C200 I used it twice to change a spare after a puncture.

On my BMW I used it once for a dead battery, 3 times for punctures, once for a sheared starter motor (tow bar back to garage job) and again when a circlip fell off at the joint holding my gearstick the bit that actually moves the gears, when the guy did an excellent roadside repair out of a washer and an old spring!! I remember the later occasion vividly as first I thought I had lost/blown up my gearbox and secondly because I could get no signal on my mobile and I wandered to the nearest civilisation, a single cottage. A pretty young woman answered the door, wet hair, fresh out the bath with a very samll towel she had to keep adjusting as it never quite covered both ends of her privates at any one time :D :D :D

Originally posted by GrahamC230K
I find them worth the money totally. Piece of mind and a rapid, friendly response every time.

On the C200 I used it twice to change a spare after a puncture.

On my BMW I used it once for a dead battery, 3 times for punctures, once for a sheared starter motor (tow bar back to garage job) and again when a circlip fell off at the joint holding my gearstick the bit that actually moves the gears, when the guy did an excellent roadside repair out of a washer and an old spring!! I remember the later occasion vividly as first I thought I had lost/blown up my gearbox and secondly because I could get no signal on my mobile and I wandered to the nearest civilisation, a single cottage. A pretty young woman answered the door, wet hair, fresh out the bath with a very samll towel she had to keep adjusting as it never quite covered both ends of her privates at any one time :D :D :D

lucky boy, did you get comprhensive cover at the village then? :rolleyes:

She mentioned before I left, how many people knocked on her door having broken down.

I am not bl00dy suprised. I would break down there any day.

Full AA cover for eleven years and used them three times, once for a fan belt on a Shogun, also for a fuel relay on a BMW and most recently, timing belt on Discovery.

Thinking of cancelling it as my car is covered by Mobilo, dont know how good this service is though, and AA cover is reasonably priced.

Got Custom Mercman breakdown cover... ;)

Have had a 'courtesy' car brung straight to me, while the problem was sorted, but i'm a mechanic, i can deal... :p

Ive got the RAC cover that MB give to you when you buy a signature used car.

Has anybody and Mobilo experience??

I had a flat a copule of years ago in E300D (W210), phoned the Mobilo number and amasingly about 20 mins later a RAC van arrived and changed the tyre for me.

I was impressed, was this a one off??

Why would I want AA cover?

Ive seen something terrible a few times now in this thread.

Are some of us beyond changing our own tyres if we get a flat??

:crazy:

Originally posted by fuzzer
Ive seen something terrible a few times now in this thread.

Are some of us beyond changing our own tyres if we get a flat??

:crazy:

No.

Does one have a dog and bark himself? I think not.

If you have paid for a service, then you may as well use it.

The difference in time between fumbling with the OEM jack and getting inserts out of the side skirts to use it etc compared with AA man and his trolley jack is quite different.

When I am stood in smart dress for work, I also do not fancy wrestling with a spare wheel.

Plus, when you have had the amount of punctures I have, the novelty wears off.

hahahaha now now!!

graham = :eek: you need to invest in a air bag lifter ;) put the bag under the car and one end on the zorst and up she goes! and if you really wanna be trick , get a 12V mini wheel nut thingy.

On a serious note:

The OEM MB jack that you have to put in your sills (after removing the cap on the skirts if you have them) is not my idea of nice because everytime you put that jack in and out it'l scrape paint off... and the last thing you need is rust in those holes! Ive squeezed loads of grease in mine! however if I have to change my tyre I will use that OEM MB jack and do it myself :p

Have MB Mobilo and used it once in Switzerland.

The brake warning light came up along with ESP, ABS failed.
Rang Mobilo on my mobile and they patched me through to local dealer, who arranged to look at car the next morning, as it was late afternoon. Turned out to be a solinoid problem but did not repeat itself on rest of Holiday. OK to drive home.

Local dealer ordered and changed solinoid on return to UK, reimbursing all my telephone call costs.

Had RAC cover on the Volvo - only needed to use it once, when the ECU failed!

I guess from peoples comments that Mobilo is worth it, I was thinking about using an independant for servicing, the I'd have to pay for recovery (or am I going to save that much?)

R

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom