Breakdown - Mobilo-life is crap !!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

paulfoel

Car suddenly 'died' on me today and would'nt start again. Bummer. Sounded very much like a lack of Diesel but gauge showed just under 1/4 tank.

Phoned Mobilo-Life and asked for assistance. Advised them it 'may' have run out of fuel but gauge said otherwise.

Anyway, got my mate from work to turn up with a can full of diesel just in case. Still could'nt get it started.

By this time, local dealer (SG Newport) had phoned and said they cou;dnt do anything because running out of fuel was not covered. I argued with them that maybe I had run out fuel but it was not my fault and was due to faulty gauge if that was the case.

Anyway, they obviously didnt believe me and told me that they were very busy, had 3 engineers off sick and might not get around to helpoing me out today !!! (SG Newport was 10 mins drive from my location !!!)

So, I got back onto Mobilo-life and played hell with them. What exactly is the point if dealers cant be ****d !!!

Anyway, upshot is recovery truck turned up 15 mins later. Took car to garage. Guy came out with battery booster got car started. (although it took 10-15 mins of starter to get it going. I'd tried this but flattened the battery !!!).

Anwyay, they also said that fuek tank units had been ordered...

Point is - why did I need to argue with theMerc dealer who seemed quite happy to leave me there. Car was purchased from SG Cardiff (SAME COMPANY !!!) 3 months ago and is under warranty anyway !!!!

Bunch of tossers or what !

Originally posted by paulfoel

By this time, local dealer (SG Newport) had phoned and said they cou;dnt do anything because running out of fuel was not covered. I argued with them that maybe I had run out fuel but it was not my fault and was due to faulty gauge if that was the case.

Paul - sorry to hear about the hassle. I haven't had the need to use Mobilo yet - thankfully (!) but I'm sure I read in the documentation that running out of fuel was covered . . . I'll have to check again now, what with all these faulty sender units !

Glad its sorted, anyway.

S.

Re: Re: Breakdown - Mobilo-life is crap !!!

Originally posted by sym
but I'm sure I read in the documentation that running out of fuel was covered
Silly things like losing the keys is covered too I believe :)

I often find when dealing with large organisations that usually you're at the mercy of "the luck of the draw" as far as dealing with individuals is concerned. This 'Russian Roulette' can often mean the difference between being a satisfied customer or coming away sorely disappointed.

For example, totally unrelated but a similar situation I had recently was trying to book an appointment to see a doctor at my local medical centre. First telephone monkey I spoke to was adamant that I could not book an appointment in advance but had to phone on the day from 8:30am to book. Second monkey I spoke to a few days later had no problem in booking me an appointment for the next week. WTF?? :rolleyes:

Luck of the draw mate :( and it sounds like you got unlucky. I would suggest complaining to the Manager of SG Newport in the form of a strongly worded letter. BTW SG (Sinclair Group) own most if not all the MB dealerships for all of South Wales. There's an SG Bridgend and SG Swansea too. They also own the Audi dealership in Swansea cunningly called "Sinclair Swansea".

S.

Mobilo life have been first class when ive used them.

Always nice on the phone and in Glasgow , someone is with you within about an hour and can't be more helpful

Maybe you just got a guy having a bad day. And running out of fuel is covered. Its only filling with the wrong fuel thats not covered anymore.

more times than im willing to admit to. And not all the 203...

the 202's had a fair few visits as well , more so .!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom