Breakdown service 'breaks down' ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Vergnugungspark

Car
To be decided
I was reading that the newly relaunched breakdown service for UK cars is having 'a few problems' or 'total collapse' depending on who is doing the writing.

Any recent experience or is it teething troubles...?

Mobilo Life is superb , ive called them out three times in the last year and been more than impressed by responce under the circumstances and their service.

Top rate , one of the reasons for my brand loyalty :) :bannana:

what did you hear and where

Hi

Mobilo life is indeed a good service of MB

What did you hear then about the breakdown service?
Where did you see any information about it?

Curious to hear what is going on!
Only had to use their breakdown service once and nothing but praise then

Originally posted by fuzzer
Mobilo Life is superb , ive called them out three times in the last year and been more than impressed by responce under the circumstances and their service.

Top rate , one of the reasons for my brand loyalty :) :bannana:

That does'nt paint a very good picture for the brand.:(

Would have been better if you could say, 'I don't know what the breakdown service is like, I have never had to use it because my brand new car is so reliable and well built.'

Sorry, just getting very disillusioned with the brand at the moment.:confused:

Hey I did have to use the Lexus breakdown service!

But then that's because it covered you in any car and it was for the g/friends VW :(

The Mobilo Life breakdown service is no longer covered by MB dealer technicians.
It is now covered by Mondiel. This change took place three weeks ago and the Technicians don't know anything about MB cars yet, as they don't fix them back at the dealer day in day out.

Steve-Bcs found this out when the cat on his ML blocked the exhaust and the Mobilo Tech said it was the turbo bearings!

There may be trouble ahead.:eek:

Originally posted by Mr Stroppy
Some reason for being loyal that is , "their breakdown service is good". I believe one is supposed to add something like ROTFLOL.

Ok $hit for brains , did you even ask why i called them out ? i think not ! now shut the Fu&% up! youre really starting to get on my nerves and ive only read a few of your posts. !!

Originally posted by jimmy
That does'nt paint a very good picture for the brand.:(

Would have been better if you could say, 'I don't know what the breakdown service is like, I have never had to use it because my brand new car is so reliable and well built.'

Sorry, just getting very disillusioned with the brand at the moment.:confused:

I know what youre saying , but , ive called them out twice to sort dealer problems and that was nothing to do with the car . Once the dealer overfilled one of our cars with oil and the next time was to do with a magic switch that i didnt know about in my car. Only once have i had to call them out for a breakdown and that was at the GTG.

I can see where youre coming from with brand Loyalty Jimmy , but , no other car has the badge and there are just some things you have to put up with not to look like a pleb. Just my 2p's

Last edited:
Originally posted by Dieselman
The Mobilo Life breakdown service is no longer covered by MB dealer technicians.There may be trouble ahead.:eek:

I heard that the new technicians were struggling with the number of Merc breakdowns to deal with

Originally posted by Vergnugungspark
I heard that the new technicians were struggling with the number of Merc breakdowns to deal with

So why didn't the old technicians struggle? They were often very quiet.

Given that there are more MB cars on the road than ever before then there will be more breakdowns.

In addition even though the change of operator was dressed up as a quality issue, the real reason is to cut costs. The dealer techs used to cover certain areas and would help each other out.
I bet the new Techs have much greater areas and as they cover BMW and AUDI also!!!

Not really surprising they're busy then.

Last edited:
Dieselman

Perhaps they were taken abck by the number of breakdowns compared with Audi and BMW ?

Vergen

Originally posted by Dieselman
So why didn't the old technicians struggle? They were often very quiet.

Anyone hear an Echo?

Looks like I'm b*****d then!

Always found MobiloLife spot on! Every time my V's autobox goes into 'idiot mode' ie 1st gear only every 6 months, they turn up like the 7th Cavalry with laptop in their hands and get me going again… wonder if the new lot will be as good?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom