Breaking News ... Largest Air Assault in Iraq since 2003

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Howard

MB Club Veteran
Car
2018 C63 Wagon / CLK430 / A150 / VW Pink Floyd Golf Cabriolet
U.S., Iraqis Launch 'Operation Swarmer'

AP - 13 minutes ago

BAGHDAD, Iraq - U.S. forces, joined by Iraqi troops, on Thursday launched the largest air assault since the U.S.-led invasion in 2003, targeting insurgent strongholds north of the capital, the military said. The U.S. military said the offensive dubbed Operation Swarmer was aimed at clearing "a suspected insurgent operating area" northeast of Samarra and was expected to continue over several days.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060316...3HmWMcF;_ylu=X3oDMTA5bGVna3NhBHNlYwNzc3JlbA--

Hmmmm .... here we go again ...:(

Just been listening to a US General on Fox News

""""The 101st Cavalry are leading this assault and they are the Worlds best. They will be kicking in doors and woe betide anyone that even attempts to resist. They are not there to make friends, they are there to occupy ground!!!!!"""""""

If someone kicked your door in, what would you do? This is evidently a large scale force of 50 helicopters and 1500 troops??? They are moving into a town and not an area that only has 'bad guys'

This town will obviously have women children, the old and infirm along with dissatisfied young armed male Iraqi's. I wonder if the locals will be throwing tic-a-tape and waving US flags?

John

glojo said:
I wonder if the locals will be throwing tic-a-tape and waving US flags?

John

I think more likely they will be throwing grenades and burning US flags ....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom