Breather hose help!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DrkPssngr

Car
C180k
Hi,

I have been getting a strong smell of oil or some kind of fume in the cabin of my w203 c180k (53 plate m271), I should add that this seemed predominantly when coming to a stop while engine running, so after checking some forums found out about the split breather. After much struggling I replaced the hose under the air box which I might add was indeed annihilated and split at both ends. Once back together the car seemed marginally better..

...however the smell persisted. So I opted to replace the other hose under the supercharger. After much, much more struggling I've reached the supercharger. I can kind of see down to the left hand side and am pretty sure that they are ok, so as you can imagine am thinking about aborting the job. I managed to squeeze my hand down there too, and couldn't feel any splits.. The last thing I want is to take the supercharger out for no reason.

To be fair I'm not sure if I'm looking at the right hoses. Does anyone know if you can properly check these hoses without full supercharger removal. And also if this isn't the problem, does anyone know what else this problem could be?

Thanks in advance..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom