Brembos Xtra High Performance Drilled

Which brake components would you fit ?

• OEM (£290)

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • Standard Brembo Discs n Pads (£180)

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • ATE (£200)

• Brembo Drilled XTRA Performance, Brembo Pads (£245)

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

clk320x

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Tesla Model S, Model X & Mercedes W212 /// Previous: Jaguar XFR, Mercedes E320 CDI, C32 AMG, CLK 320
Seem these for my CLK working out around £63 for the fronts and £36 for the rear each.

IMG_0652.jpg

Should these be better than/equivalent the OEM discs as they are drilled or is it a purely an aesthetic thing, they work out cheaper than OEM depending on what pad is paired with it. Depending what you would recommend for example pardoning it with ATE normal pads will cost £260 all in. Plain ATE discs work out around £200 so essentially £60 extra just for them being drilled. They also have EBC grooved ones but I never have found the grooved ones to be appealing

Currently I'm set for OEM but just thought I'd ask as looking at all options

Cheers

Unless using the car on the track I would stick with MB supplied brake components.

One often finds the grooved discs on track cars, less prone to cracking

Unless using the car on the track I would stick with MB supplied brake components.

One often finds the grooved discs on track cars, less prone to cracking

Mainly for the aesthetics really haha

See if mercedes will come down on their price - you may be surprised

I thought people were moving away from drilled discs nowadays!

See if mercedes will come down on their price - you may be surprised

That price is already with discount kindly arranged by Terry :D

I put Brembo discs and pads on my E55 and I have to say the paint on the edges of the pads needed filing down so they weren't a tight fit. They also squealed for the first few hundred miles which is embarassing coming to a stop. Apart from that, I'd still use them again.

I put Brembo discs and pads on my E55 and I have to say the paint on the edges of the pads needed filing down so they weren't a tight fit. They also squealed for the first few hundred miles which is embarassing coming to a stop. Apart from that, I'd still use them again.

Brembo xtra performance or standard?

Well they were standard drilled discs for an E55 and made by Brembo. Thats all I could tell you.:fail
DSCF0091_zpspa0shf5w.jpg

Ahh okay cheers :)

The XTRA performance ones seem ok? But the rears arnt stocked so they'd take a while to come which is a hassle

Should they be better or equivalent to OEM?

Last edited:
There are pros and cons with drilled discs.

Theoretically they should be better at freeing the pads from gasses and water but they actually slightly reduce the contact area of the disc and pad.

That being said you probably won't feel any noticeably difference at all over plain discs.

The advantage of buying Brembo over other brands is that they only use the very best materials and they are at the forefront of testing new technologies given that they are the brake manufacturer of choice for most supercars.

I had Bembo GT big brake front and rear kits on my Supra and they were absolutely unreal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom