• Yes

Votes: 34 24.6%
  • No

Votes: 84 60.9%
  • Undecided

Votes: 20 14.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
...and later refused to give way to a driver joining the motorway from the slip road as it was his right of way and it's better to cause a crash than show weakness.

I think the whole war thing is complete rubbish. There's no way another war would happen after the two big ones in quick succession. The Allies teamed up well to keep Germany in check, plus the biggest peacekeeper are the Atomic bombs.

If it wasn't for those then I think Russia would have kicked off the next one. Europe wouldn't have done anything to prevent that, just like we failed Ukraine in protecting them as we promised and let Russia walk off with Crimea.

Europe had no role in keeping Japan peaceful either, so let's drop the whole no-war thing.

Echoes my earlier point. The whole debate has such mindblowing wider effects it needs serious consideration on every aspect. Look at the Syrian situation - you've got Turkey and Russia at loggerheads, the Saudis amassing troups in the south to muscle in and counter Russian support etc. Will a united Europe be a stronger force for moderation, or do we step out with our dwindling forces and hope for the best?

Not sure that trying to forget the war politics of many years ago is a good thing in this era.

And for the rescord I'm very undecided, just trying to accumulate enough facts and opinion to cast an informed vote.

Not saying to forget about war politics, I'm just saying that it's a bloody cheek for the In campaign to claim that it's soley the EU that's kept the peace. There's still been many conflicts in Europe in recent history, one just needs to look it up on wiki, the list is long.

By not being part of the Union doesn't mean there wouldn't be mutual support for various campaigns via NATO, UN, etc. We're still going to share the same interests, ethics, morals etc. We'd have each other's backs, as it were. Plus the Commonwealth is still around if the **** really hits the fan.

I asked my stepdaughter what she thinks about this (she's 18 next Sunday).

"Oh we're better off in the EU".

So I asked her how she'd come to that conclusion and she had no idea.

I don't think I've ever come across something so important about which so many people really don't know what their opinion is and why.

Having thought about it a little harder I'm definitely out but I think there's almost two generations that really know no different.

...I don't think I've ever come across something so important about which so many people really don't know what their opinion is and why....

Indeed.

I think the whole war thing is complete rubbish. There's no way another war would happen after the two big ones in quick succession. The Allies teamed up well to keep Germany in check, plus the biggest peacekeeper are the Atomic bombs.

If it wasn't for those then I think Russia would have kicked off the next one. Europe wouldn't have done anything to prevent that, just like we failed Ukraine in protecting them as we promised and let Russia walk off with Crimea.

Europe had no role in keeping Japan peaceful either, so let's drop the whole no-war thing.

Let me google that for you

london many area becoming gettos and over crowded houses and flat often 4 or more to a room and 20 in a house, the problem we the residents in the same areas. being also governor in school infrastructure not their and not being racist they get all places in catholic schools against british people and they will in the future best of british education and run debts and go home.

they tend to work hard spend as little and most of their money sent home, however we work hard spend and invest here and this imbalance in nhs taxes etc highly skilled jobs causing our graduate childern to work in golden arches and costa n bars because fo them accepting law salaries

being landlord many many europeans take uk post grad places and loans run away leaving debt here (have had many encounters with debt collectors) as well as intership etc i have several properties which i rent.

rent get higher and higher english tenants having to pay 50% of disposable income to cover rent

in my street disregard to laws parking their cars with all 4 tyres on pavement nearly causing fatality 4 times today and disregard to resident requests to abide by the law

criminal activity and people with records allowed to come through and this has cause rise in crimes and also damage to property and car when they come out of the pubs totally drunk

look at current polish government would not accept any of the million refugee claiming moslems should not be allowed as they will dilute the race and this beginning of another nazi government which will cause another world war coming soon to cinema near u mark my words
out out out

Last edited:
Interesting result so far chaps and thanks to all who have voted.

Brexit Poll 1/2/16 - Page 1 - News, Politics & Economics - PistonHeads

As you can see, another motoring forum is running a similar poll, with similar results.
Does this echo the country as a whole I wonder, or just those interested in cars. Note to self - must see if Mumsnet is running a poll.

UPDATE Pistonheads have another Poll started after Cameron's return from Brussels. Even more interesting perhaps.

http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?h=0&f=205&t=1575570

As to the real Referendum question, I believe it is literally a Yes / No answer

Electoral Commission | EU referendum question assessment

Keep voting please!

Last edited:
Young vs old innit.

All the 50+ people with their paid for property and good pensions have no need for the benefits EU membership brings.

Younger population relaxed about living next door to hard working immigrants, and like the worker protection laws and social justice benefits.

Sadly it's only the old people who vote.

Perhaps Spain will kick out all those people from Essex and Kent who've retired there and don't speak a work of Spanish and want chips with everything?

I will vote out, a decision not taken lightly. I thought I would ask an honest man that I could trust. Tony Blair advised me to vote in...nuf said! :confused:

Those who are making the case, for and against, simply cannot be trusted; they all have their own agendas and their own interests. Personally, I have not yet made up my mind, because I simply don't have enough reliable information to be able to make a really informed decision.

If we were to leave, I think Scotland would probably leave the Union. Both that, and the UK leaving the EU, would be a leap into the unknown, and there is no precedent for either situation; the only way to find out how it will pan out is to leap, and see what happens. I suspect uncertainty will keep us in...

I've been thinking about this over the weekend.
My take on it is this:-
We're a small island and we are full to bursting.
We seem to be governed by people in other countries who we didn't elect.
We are shipping money out of this country to pay for this despite the fact we haven't got any to start with.

I understand totally that it is a massive benefit to trade, however I am

OUT

I want us solely in control of our own borders, our own laws, our own spending.
I think that if we're out, it could help farming and manufacturing as we will end up importing less and what we do will be at a higher cost therefore UK manufacturers/producers could end up more competitive. Yes, it will cost the consumer more, but is it not better all round for jobs and the likes?

london many area becoming gettos and over crowded houses and flat often 4 or more to a room and 20 in a house, the problem we the residents in the same areas. being also governor in school infrastructure not their and not being racist they get all places in catholic schools against british people and they will in the future best of british education and run debts and go home.

they tend to work hard spend as little and most of their money sent home, however we work hard spend and invest here and this imbalance in nhs taxes etc highly skilled jobs causing our graduate childern to work in golden arches and costa n bars because fo them accepting law salaries

being landlord many many europeans take uk post grad places and loans run away leaving debt here (have had many encounters with debt collectors) as well as intership etc i have several properties which i rent.

rent get higher and higher english tenants having to pay 50% of disposable income to cover rent

in my street disregard to laws parking their cars with all 4 tyres on pavement nearly causing fatality 4 times today and disregard to resident requests to abide by the law

criminal activity and people with records allowed to come through and this has cause rise in crimes and also damage to property and car when they come out of the pubs totally drunk

look at current polish government would not accept any of the million refugee claiming moslems should not be allowed as they will dilute the race and this beginning of another nazi government which will cause another world war coming soon to cinema near u mark my words
out out out

I would mark your words...if I could understand more than half of what you wrote!!!!

I can remember the debate about joining the Common Market back in 1975 and it sounded like a good idea.
But when you listen to the likes of UKIP about the amount of our money contributed and squandered it makes you wonder.
I am sure the many fishing fleets that have been destroyed and our farmers setting aside good land because of EU rulings feel very strongly about the matter.
As someone who feels that a very harsh 're-adjustment' of the overall market may be just around the corner I just hope it doesn't coincide with us leaving because you can be sure the politicians in favour of staying will blame this event on us leaving.

If we were to leave, I think Scotland would probably leave the Union. Both that, and the UK leaving the EU, would be a leap into the unknown, and there is no precedent for either situation; the only way to find out how it will pan out is to leap, and see what happens. I suspect uncertainty will keep us in...

Except the tight-lipped short one has to get prior permission to ask to leave and I don't for a second think that will be granted irrespective of which way the vote goes. Been there, done that. Sorry.

I think it will come down to if the young can be scared or not by leaving,sometimes I think the only thing that gets a reaction from them is if their phone stops working,maybe the out campaign on the eve of polling could start a story that mobile phone usage will be limited to 100 mins a month under EU law,then it will be a landslide for out,I voted out in 1975 and nothing that has happened has changed my mind,and it costs us £55 million a day to belong,they have to be joking,lets get out.

I think it will come down to if the young can be scared or not by leaving,sometimes I think the only thing that gets a reaction from them is if their phone stops working,maybe the out campaign on the eve of polling could start a story that mobile phone usage will be limited to 100 mins a month under EU law,then it will be a landslide for out,I voted out in 1975 and nothing that has happened has changed my mind,and it costs us £55 million a day to belong,they have to be joking,lets get out.

Unfortunately it is the EU that is forcing the mobile operators to abolish roaming charges by 2017. So the young ones are loving the EU.

The UK received net*FDI (Foreign Direct Investment) inflows of £44 billion (USD 72 billion) in 2014 {£121 million a day} – representing one-third of total European Union inflows and making the UK the Number 1 destination in Europe.

UK inward*FDI*stock reaches £1 trillion level

The UK also remains the preferred destination for foreign investment in Europe in terms of accumulated value of inward*FDI*stock.*FDIstock, which primarily reflects historic*FDIinflows, is often used as an indicator of the long term commitment of foreign investors to the host country. A positive economic performance and continued inflows of*FDI*in recent years has contributed to a steady growth in UK inward*FDIstock, demonstrating the trust and confidence foreign investors have in the UK economy.

Based on*OECD*estimates, the value of the UK’s inward*FDI*stock increased by more than 9% during 2014, passing the £1 trillion level for the first time. UK*FDI*stock has increased by almost 50% since 2010, reaching £1,065 billion by the end of 2014.*UKTI*remains committed to its internal ambition to help increase inward*FDIstock to £1.5 trillion by 2020 and these latest results show that the UK is likely to achieve this.

The USA and Europe remain the largest investors in the UK when measured by the value of*FDI*stock. Investors from the USA hold the largest share of*FDI*stock (27%), followed by the Netherlands (15%) and France (8%). Globally, the UK is the third largest country in terms of its absolute value of inward*FDI*stock, behind the USA and China.

Top three countries in the world with the largest*FDI*stock

Inward*FDI*Stock Value (2014)
USA 5.4tr US$
China 2.7tr US$
United Kingdom 1.7tr US$

Source:*OECD, May 2015

£121million-£55million=+£66million

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom