Brian Johnson meets..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CLSMark

Banned
Car
Volkswagen Touareg
Brian Johnson of AC/DC fame has a show on Sky Arts

He's met
Roger Daltrey
Sting
Robert Plant
Joe Elliot
Lars Ulrich ( "plays" drums apparently )

Fascinating insight into life on the road, it's not all lovey and sycophantic, really well done

Check it out on catch up.

Thumbs up from me.

Sent from my iPhone 7plus, which is exactly the same as the iPhone 3/4/5/6. Using Crapatalk

I saw ACDC in concert about three years ago at Wembley, amazing night.

Lars Ulrich ( "plays" drums apparently )

Sent from my iPhone 7plus, which is exactly the same as the iPhone 3/4/5/6. Using Crapatalk

I take it you don't like Metallica then? :D

He's the founder of the band and a massive talent, in my opinion.

Last edited:
I've seen the Sting episode & it was brilliant. When Brian's Nokia rings in the back of the van! Then Sting says "I don't own a phone anyway!" I'm just reading Briana book, Rockers & Rollers, which isn't a patch on the program!

+1 on seeing AC/DC live. Saw them in Glasgow in 96 and 2000.

Just wish I was old enough to have seen the legendary Bon Scott

Have seen 'DC a few times and they are epic. I'll have to try and catch this show as Brian Johnson comes across at least as a top bloke, still down to earth.

I had the fortune to see Iron Maiden at the O2 the other month, another band up there with 'DC and Metallica as incredible live acts.

As for Lars, he's s sufficient drummer for Metallica and as said he was a founder for one of the greatest metal acts to emerge from the 80s \m/

My comment was meant in jest, he's first to admit he's pretty average, makes a lot of mistakes as well. But hey he's a gazzilionaire, and I'm writing smart ****y comments, I know who I'd rather be

Have seen 'DC a few times and they are epic. I'll have to try and catch this show as Brian Johnson comes across at least as a top bloke, still down to earth.

I had the fortune to see Iron Maiden at the O2 the other month, another band up there with 'DC and Metallica as incredible live acts.

As for Lars, he's s sufficient drummer for Metallica and as said he was a founder for one of the greatest metal acts to emerge from the 80s \m/

Can't say I'm a fan of Iron Maiden. Not really a fan of any hard rock, I'd consider DC, Bluesy Rock N' Roll if I had to pigeon hole them. Brian does seem a really down to earth decent guy. He's been rather poorly treated by all accounts

Can't say I'm a fan of Iron Maiden. Not really a fan of any hard rock, I'd consider DC, Bluesy Rock N' Roll if I had to pigeon hole them. Brian does seem a really down to earth decent guy. He's been rather poorly treated by all accounts

Yeah AC/DC are more of a rock'n'roll band than a metal band. Certainly got their roots in blues and the like, when you listen to their really early stuff.

Badly treated in the band you mean? I know due to hearing issues he wasn't performing as last year when I saw them Axle Rose sang for them. Was interesting but not as good as with Johnson! :rock:

Brian comes from a couple of streets away. He is as down to earth as he comes across on the telly. It doesn't happen as often now but when he pops back to visit he turns up at the local with his cap on his head and baccy pouch on his waist.

Used to often craic on with him when he live a few doors up frtom me, always been down to earth. Once ran a local business putting vinyl roofs on cars when they were the trend

Always wondered what that pouch was for!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom