Bridgestone R050A -any reason why not?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

regbuser

Car
CLS 350d
Hi,

On the CLS 350 SB have 255/30/R19/Y & 285/30/R19/Y, any reason/opinions why I shouldn't replace with Bridgestone R050A (MO) ?

Bridgestone tyres tend to have stiff sidewalls so transmit road noise and vibration.

A very average tyre for a premium price, wet weather grip is very poor compared to more modern tyres. They might have been cutting edge ten years ago, but even Falkens are better in the wet nowadays.

Russ

Too hard, too noisy.
I'd never willingly fit Bridgestones.
+tyre fitters hate them and tell me that there is increased risk of damage to a wheel because some of the range is so difficult to fit compared to say a continental.

I'm also in the too hard too noisy camp. The plus side of that is they last ages the negative the wet weather performance is shocking.

I'd be fitting Contisport 5P which are cheaper and cheaper still Falken FK 453 both better than Bridgestone IMHO

I run Falken FK453 on my CLK and for the price I find them unbeatable, they are great all round performer!!
( no I don't work for them LOL)

Thanks for opinions all, much appreciated.

The factory fitment p-zeros are coming up for replacement so I'm looking at options.

Also,I know the vogue is for skinny profiles, but wonder if there'd be any advantage in going from 30 to 40/45? More rubber would fill the arch better and give a bit more comfort, would other aspects suffer?

Don't change the tyre size from factory. Many many reasons why...

... so no mini mags then :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom