Brighter bulbs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Dear Michele, I'm already 3 year I've installed 100W bulbs, I've installed suitable relay and bigger size cable with dedicate fuse. 12V supply is from the engine bay directly.

In the factory W202 glass it seems there are enough room to avoid any plastic melting, also the H1/H4 connectors are as from factory, I've modified only the main supply, to the headlight housing itself.

As soon I fire the mainbeam, of course the "bulb failure" light up, but I utilize as referece that main beams are on.

I'm wondering if this modification is possible to W203 class.

Marco

Silverstar seem to be the best to go for, reading the responses on here.

Anyone know which size/set would I need for the 190?

Ok, found them - H4s.

£11.64 on ebay inc postage!!

Flyer said:
Philips SilverVision (PY21W) for the indicators and got the sidelights (Philips BlueVision) free. :)

Was the indicator upgrade worthwhile? I haven't seen that mentioned before. Have just upgraded to 50% brighter H1 and H7's.

Tim

tim.mcd said:
Was the indicator upgrade worthwhile? I haven't seen that mentioned before. Have just upgraded to 50% brighter H1 and H7's.
Yep, if only because it gets rid of the 'fried egg' look. They just hide the colour of the bulb so that instead of being orange, they appear chrome. There's some photos on a thread somewhere showing 'before' and 'after'.

ETA: found it: http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=25430&highlight=indicator+bulbs

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom