Brighton W211 320 CDI estate

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Wormfaust

Greetings, i have been lurking a while....since I bought the Merc and it kicked off with limp home mode within 4 days of purchase back in December. This forum helped me diagnose the problem and gave me the bit of knowledge that I needed not to be BS'd by the garage. All sorted now and when I get a few minutes I will write the story for all to enjoy:) Cheers, Simon

Hello Simon

Good to see you have broken cover and glad to hear you are not limping any more.

I have a 2005 e280 , CDi 3.0 . I was on the M25 in stop/ start traffic, suddenly car went into limp home mode and would not go over 40mph. Stopped on hard shoulder,re started and it was fine. Garage said it may never happen again and see how it goes , would you be happy with this answer ???? Thanks

I have a 2005 e280 , CDi 3.0 . I was on the M25 in stop/ start traffic, suddenly car went into limp home mode and would not go over 40mph. Stopped on hard shoulder,re started and it was fine. Garage said it may never happen again and see how it goes , would you be happy with this answer ???? Thanks

My W140 did that on the A3 randomly, got the same answer from my garage and it hasn't done it since so hopefully these are just one-off cases

Did it happen again?

Hello, It has happened once since on a very steep incline at low speed in a car park.

Been ok for a couple of weeks now, hopefully it wont come back :)

Hello and welcome, must be a fault somewhere?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom