Brilliant ebay story

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kinky

MB Enthusiast
Car
All sorts of odds n sods
Fascinating story of a chappie in the US who won the bidding on a new Mitsi Lancer.

The story is spreading like wildfire. Impossible to keep up with, but a fascinating read!.

The story has been posted on thousands of forums and boards - and spreading rapidly!

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=442510

heh heh heh

Makes for an interesting read. Me thinks the dealership will have to swallow this in the end or get so much hate mail and press coverage that they will go under.

he he - here's hoping.

Watch this space and I'll update as and when.

K

and did you notice how many pages of reply that post had, 74 when I looked at it last night:eek: :eek: :eek:

88 Pages ATM :eek:

And the guy who started it went away for the weekend - then came back to a further 78 pages of replies !!

Talk about gobsmacked !!

Mark

Just wonders if 1504 of us could do that many replies on a thread.................no dont even go there, someone would hate us lol
:D :D :D

Ian

Email the dealer directly suggesting that he should honour the bid, thats what I and many others did :D :D :D

93 Pages and still running.

Interestingly one of my staff has visited a major Police station today and overheard a member of the public asking the Police to start a Fraud investigation relating to an Ebay seller who is ripping people off for Laptops.

Ebay have confirmed that the seller has done this a number of times.

They are to look into it.

Be aware Ebay doesn't seem to be dealing with unscupulous traders!

ebay seem to have little or no interest in fraudulent or dishonest traders.

Have you ever tried complaining to them?

We have and it goes something like this.......

1, email notiification that you suspect a trader is not exactly genuine. ensure you include all the details that are relevant including auction number etc

2, wait for approximately 5 days for an automated response asking for the details you have already sent and telling you of a few links to their help files

3, reply to that email supplying all the relevant information again

4, wait for anything up to 10 days for the next reply which is a repeat of the first one but thanking you and hoping that you have now resolved your query without their assistance and that unless they hear otherwise from you within 48 hours they will consider the matter resolved

5, mail again saying you haven't resolved the original issue and that in the 2 weeks since the original report the trader has offered the same item for sale on 4 different occasions and at no time has he stated that the article is not what he is advertising

6, wait another 10 days for the inevitable automated reply thanking you for your concern and get an assurance that ebay do really care about their users and could you please supply them with details to back up your complaint.

7, send the details again

8, wait for a fortnight to receive an email from ebay saying that they only act on complaints either in writing or by fax and please submit your complaint if you wish to proceed by one of those 2 mediums (naturally this email does not include details of the adress to write to or the fax number)

9, send a letter to ebay complaining about the seller

10, replies to letters take a little longer - in our case it was a month before we got a reply saying that they valued our input and the matter was being investigated

11, another month down the line email them to ask how the complaint is proceeding.

12, 4 days later get an automated email asking for details of the complaint and the auction number despite the fact that every single piece of correspondence since the first one had included all the relevent details.

13, reply again by email

14, 3 days later receive an email saying that in order to get complaints dealt with promptly you have to do it by fax

15, send in a fax with absolutely all the details and a log of all the dates emails and letters were sent and acknowledged

16, 8 days later receive a fax back asking for the details

17, send the details again

18, 10 days later receive a fax back explaining that ebay will not be able to act on the complaint as 90 days has passed and therefore it is too late to complain as is clearly stated in their terms and conditions.

They don't give a damn, won't deal with complaints and should you dare to post anything on the ebay forums that criticises them it is immediately removed.

Andy

HE Got his car :bannana: :bannana: :bannana:
It's now 116 Pages :D

copied from site

11-04-2003 06:26 AM

Sorry for the delay in posting - I was working late.

It's true.

MARK MITSUBISHI offered me the same ebay EVO at the final auction price.

Many of you knew of MARK MITSUBISHI's offer before I did since I was at work.

I was informed that the car was not titled and the full factory warranty would be in effect.

The finance manager did not know the exact mileage, but he informed me that the car remained at MARK MITSUBISHI after the auction.

The dealer is researching tax issues for a out of state sale.

This thread is amazing. Thanks to all.

----- Original Message -----
To: XXXXXXXXX
Sent: Monday, November 03, 2003 8:22 PM
Subject: lancer evo

> DEAR SIR,
> WE HAVE RETRACTED OUR OFFER FROM THE BROKER IN ORDER TO PROVIDE YOU WITH
> THE LANCER YOU HAD BID ON, PLEASE CONTACT ME AT 480-425-XXXX IN ORDER TO
> ARRANGE PAYMENT AND SHIPPING.
> THANKS
> XXXXXXXX
> MARK MITSUBISHI FINANCE DIRECTOR
>
----- Original Message -----
To: XXXXXXX
Sent: Monday, November 03, 2003 8:02 PM
Subject: evo8

Dear Sir,

I am the finanace director at Mark Mitsubishi. We have retracted the high bid from the other broker, we are emailing in to arrange payment for the auction that you won on the lancer. Please contact me with in the next 72 hours to arrange payment and shipping. If you should have any questions please contact me @ 480-425-XXXX.
thanks I look forward to hearing from you.
thanks,
XXXXXXX
finance director mark mitsubishi

The latest update is that, apparently, MarkD, the guy who was bidding for the car on ebay, may not be buying the car after all !!! even though the dealer has offered the car to him at the winning bid price ! Rumors are that he hasnt got enough money or something..

People on the thread are saying they will be seriously are pis*ed off if this is true, after all the efforts that have gone into this ..

The thread is on page 122 so far.., and it had 728,970 views and 3035 replies !!!! must be a world record for views to a forum thread !

Last edited:
If that is the case I wonder if MarkMitsubishi will sue MarkD.

I think he needs to get the cash and fast!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom