Bring it back to Life. C43/55

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mayur335

Car
1999 W202 C43/C55 , 2011 Smart Fortwo Brabus
Hi all Recently purchased a car acident damaged Had a MB club Sticker in the window, so I thought Why not sign up. Its ahd abit of a smack on the front end i'l have to sort out, before i can get it going.
I thought someone on here may know some info on this car, in the hope of getting this lovely car back on the road. its a Blue/green 99 C43 (T124 LLE)

took delivery of it on new years eve. On friday got rid of all the smashed up parts on the front end. salvaged what i could one lamp,one wiper, 4 parking sensors,

saturday morning removed the battery charged it up, put it back in, ignition came alive but not crank on the turn of the key. Thought it may be that the steering wheel airbag had gone thats why it would start.

pluged in the scanner. cleared all the codes i could find. still no luck.

I just wanted to start the engine before i start getting into repairing the body work. Managed to find the starter wire on the OVP fusebox gave it 12v while the ignition was on and it fired rite up. wicked

so this evenings task is to remove the engine and gearbox and get the body ready for repair.

one problem i did find when starting the engine was a crack on the front timimg cover, oil shot out 4-5 mitres outta the crack hitting the parked car infront. will upload some pics as soon as i get a chance.
Mayur335 is online now Report Post

What the heck happened Andy? Think I saw you and your 43/55 at Ollie's one time. You ok mate?

Last edited:
What the heck happened Andy? Think I saw you and your 43/55 at Ollie's one time. You ok mate?

Yes fine cheers, though it was three months ago now, only minor injuries, burned and scratched wrists, bruising across the shoulder and abdomen, suspected fractured cheek bones though they were only bruised. All from the airbag going off and the pre-tensioner firing.

Blimey. The car is a mess, but hey, the main thing is you got away lightly judging by the car's damage and you're ok mate....... New project time or is it time to buy a Toyota Yaris?

Thats some Project keep us up to date with progress and pictures and problems no doubt there will be a few Great Car the C43/55 tho
Boyd

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom