Bristol Airport off-site parking

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kusanku

Car
A180cdi Avant Garde
I went to Switzerland over Christmas, and decided to use the off-site parking by the airport, as it would probably be cheaper than two taxi rides. I booked it on-line via Purple Parking, who I have used before at Heathrow and Luton. However, this lot were different. Even though it was booked via the purple parking website, it turned out to be run by another company. I dropped the car-keys off, and was told the bus was waiting. There were ten passengers, but only seven seats in the rather battered old mini-bus, so we were told we would have to sit in the back with luggage. There were three of us sitting on the floor like this, which I am pretty certain is illegal.

On the way back, I got a seat, however the seat-belt was broken. For the entire journey, the driver was on his mobile phone, and continually picked his nose and flicked the products onto the floor.

If you happen to fly from Bristol, I would strongly recommend avoiding this lot, as they are clearly nothing like the company which provided the excellent service I received at Luton and Heathrow.

I'm well surprised as I've used Purple parking on LHR many times before!!!
What a shame!

Thanks for your info, 100% I would book that parking if flying from Bristol but I hate situation where my safety is put at risk just to save money.
How they can operate? Did you filled in a formal complaint?

Cheers
Chris

A few years ago I used Park Farm for vehicle storage when I went away from Bristol. Dropped the car off at their place which funnily enough is a farm about half a mile from they airport. They then drop you off at departures and pick you up on landing.

Found them very reasonable price wise and a good service all round. They also offered other services such as having your vehicle washed before collection which I didn't bother with.

At Bristol use either SilverZone at the airport (cheap if you book in advance) or P&H Parking.
There are some real cowboys at Bristol.

I'd be wary of any outfit who ask you to hand over your keys .

There have been stories on TV of customers cars being used as private hire cabs , being joyridden , or in the case of a Merc , being used as a wedding car whilst the owner was on holiday - he only found out as the back of the car was full of confetti when he picked it up .

It was one of these 'watchdog' type programmes , but I can't remember which one .

There have been stories on TV of customers cars being used as private hire cabs , being joyridden , or in the case of a Merc , being used as a wedding car whilst the owner was on holiday - he only found out as the back of the car was full of confetti when he picked it up .

It was one of these 'watchdog' type programmes , but I can't remember which one .

Do any of them not ask you to hand over your keys? Every one I have used, including the ones about whom I have no complaints, have required me to do this.

You haven't been to the airport parking then.
Anyone I've used so far required me to give them keys!
Even on in London (Kensington) took my keys and parked my car for me.

Cheers
Chris

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom