Bristol diesel ban

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
What are haulage companies supposed to do or what's the plan on delivering goods to inner cities in this magic future?

It seems odd to me that Private Cars appear to have escaped the Ban/Charges considering the number of Cars that travel into Bristol every day! :confused:
Did you read the article?
Private diesel cars are banned outright between 7.00am & 3.00pm, they don't even get a chance to pay a fee!

It seems odd to me that Private Cars appear to have escaped the Ban/Charges considering the number of Cars that travel into Bristol every day! :confused:

Are you sure???

If local authorities are going to each determine their own criteria for driving into their areas, are we going to need multiple cars to make sure we have the right one for each place? London is charging for cars based on their emissions, so my EU6 diesel is OK there, but it's not acceptable in Bristol - yet in Bristol I could drive an older petrol car that I would be charged for in London.

If local authorities are going to each determine their own criteria for driving into their areas, are we going to need multiple cars to make sure we have the right one for each place? London is charging for cars based on their emissions, so my EU6 diesel is OK there, but it's not acceptable in Bristol - yet in Bristol I could drive an older petrol car that I would be charged for in London.

A good example of the stupidity of all this is highlighted in Glasgow. Hope Street & Union Street are either side of Glasgow Central Railway Station, both streets are full of buses and taxis sitting idle with diesel engines running and causing traffic hold ups, and are one of the most polluted areas of the UK in regards to air quality. The answer? Let's ban private cars from using these two streets, will it make any difference? No, but it will look as if we are helping.

Abbey Wood is inside the ULEZ. We are going there in the new year and when I checked my car (Mercedes E350 P+ AMG) on the ULEZ checker it told me I would be charged, despite the car being Euro 6 compliant. I checked with MB UK and they reckon TfL have had issues with cars with personalised registrations, which I have, not showing up properly in their database. I was able to register the car online with TfL without any major hassle and it now shows as being compliant with no charge due.

I don't know how people accept these idiotic decisions without massive push back. When I see such articles, I feel like 80% of the decision makers could disappear and nobody would notice.

This what they are proposing in Newcastle where I have 2 or 3 vans going everyday. Furthermore the numpties are going to change the TYNE bridge to single file traffic from the dual lanes they already have. The councils would be World champions in creating traffic jams

I work at Abbey Wood. There’s no charge for privately owned diesel cars in the wider zone.

I don't know how people accept these idiotic decisions without massive push back. When I see such articles, I feel like 80% of the decision makers could disappear and nobody would notice.
Perhaps we need a bit of this?
Quito Civil Unrest

I'm not surprised by idiotic decisions. We have recently seen how useless Westminster politicians are, just imagine the calibre of the amateurs in local councils.

Bristol was the first city to allow motorcyclists to use the bus lanes as they (correctly) realised the motorcycles are faster than buses and if the bike broke down it could simply be pushed out of the way leaving the bus lane clear.

Since then they have obviously lost the plot

I express my kids will be charged on their personal biological co2 emissions. Why they just don't put up the price of [fuel = co2] I do not know?

Perhaps we need a bit of this?
Quito Civil Unrest

Not advocating violence just enough awareness to let them know that they move forward with these idiot decisions. You'll vote them out. I suspect that they do this kind of shit because they don't hear enough from their constituents.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom