Bristol diesel ban

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
In France they’d be blocking the roads with tyres and burning sheeps!
:eek:
Bring it on...
A3CAF513-E2CB-4DB2-BFC7-FCEBB5D585C4.jpeg

Attachments

• 1B899DE2-4377-44A6-8DDF-9730EC407292.jpeg
    1B899DE2-4377-44A6-8DDF-9730EC407292.jpeg
    117.1 KB · Views: 7
It's actually worse in France. There are zones all over the place and every car needs a sticker with some emissions code on it.

This will spread all over the country, they will keep moving the goalposts to include more and more cars until ultimately electric only. It will make car ownership a nightmare eventually.

When are all the ambulance chasing lawyers going to get diesel car buyers massive compo [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The difference between the UK and the USA is the lack of class action legislation in the UK. It redresses the balance of litigation costs where normally the larger party involved that can afford the higher cost of any individual action wins.

Reactions: m80
When are all the ambulance chasing lawyers going to get diesel car buyers massive compo [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Compensation for what? They were hardly mis-sold anything. They bought diesels for their fuel economy and that's what they got. Anyone pretending they bought theirs to save the planet is doing just that - pretending.

Anyone pretending they bought theirs to save the planet is doing just that - pretending.

I would suggest that with the focus on CO2 benefits of the diesel that plenty were not pretending.

And the CO2 issue was being pushed by government which distorted the market and made it economically sensible to those who didn't care.

Brilliant... I use the M32 on work business in my privately owned car between those hours when the ban is on :wallbash:

It's actually worse in France. There are zones all over the place and every car needs a sticker with some emissions code on it.

This will spread all over the country, they will keep moving the goalposts to include more and more cars until ultimately electric only. It will make car ownership a nightmare eventually.

Yes, it's called Crit'Air and is only in about 6 cities at the moment, but is being rolled out. Not unduly expensive.

At the moment!

Yes, it's called Crit'Air and is only in about 6 cities at the moment, but is being rolled out. Not unduly expensive.

At the moment!
Also in Germany now, cant remember what they call it but costs the same as France

I go to France fairly regular on trips all over the place and have a Crit`Air sticker.....which you only need for the large cities to allow you to drive in.

There is no charge for driving in the city you are visiting the sticker on the windscreen is just there to let the Police know what the emissions of your diesel car are.

You have to be careful when applying for the sticker as there are so many scam sites that charge you dearly the cost from the proper website is only 3 to 4 Euros.

Just been checking the Crit`Air sticker is for ALL engine types including petrol and electric and is numbered on the reading from your Reg. document.

A good example of the stupidity of all this is highlighted in Glasgow. Hope Street & Union Street are either side of Glasgow Central Railway Station, both streets are full of buses and taxis sitting idle with diesel engines running and causing traffic hold ups, and are one of the most polluted areas of the UK in regards to air quality. The answer? Let's ban private cars from using these two streets, will it make any difference? No, but it will look as if we are helping.
Actually , Hope Street has , for many years running , been recorded as the most polluted street in EUROPE . Yet , as you say , a good part of it is BUSES and TAXIS only . I remember posting that fact on Fiends of the Earth website some years ago , and my comment being taken down .

What are haulage companies supposed to do or what's the plan on delivering goods to inner cities in this magic future?
The simple answer is to boycott these places ; when traders can't get supplies and start pulling out of the area then the councils will lose revenue .

I no longer go into Glasgow or Edinburgh , and I know many others who do the same . Some numpty in Glasgow also had the notion to start charging for parking on Sundays ; that will only hurt trade further since many people went into the city then to benefit from free parking . Once these former cities become wastelands the councils will take notice .

At least I can still park in Cowcaddens Fire Station for nothing :)

What are haulage companies supposed to do or what's the plan on delivering goods to inner cities in this magic future?
Hopefully now we have a government who can govern, this lot will be on the back burner. Tell Bristol to have a word with China before taking stupid decisions like this.

The solution for city centre poor air quality is simple, subsidise electric cars (significantly), invest in charging infrastructure, and invest heavily in (again, subsidised) public transport.

But all these cost money, and I am told we are a poor country... so we have to make poor people's choices and ban or tax certain type of cars at certain times instead.

Our own tax money is, apparently, already earmarked by the Chancellor to support other priorities.
Public transport is no use to people who go in to buy bulky items , travel in to do work which requires tools and materials , those who need to travel in during antisocial hours when there is no public transport , emergency services who don't have time to faff about , and many others . Will they ban their own diesel refuse collection lorries ?

Just looked into a Renault Master electric van and apparently I can expect 75 miles in summer on a full charge and 50 miles in winter. Time to charge fully via a domestic socket 17 hrs !

No brainier really, get the diesel out

Reactions: 219
Just looked into a Renault Master electric van and apparently I can expect 75 miles in summer on a full charge and 50 miles in winter. Time to charge fully via a domestic socket 17 hrs
No brainier really, get the diesel out

It wouldn't work for me I'm afraid, 48 miles to work and if there were Charging Points available all fine and good, but if not I'm stuffed! And as I start (Volunterily) at 05:30 and finish at 15:00 I wouldn't have enough time to recharge for the next day!:eek:

Reactions: 219
It wouldn't work for me I'm afraid, 48 miles to work and if there were Charging Points available all fine and good, but if not I'm stuffed! And as I start (Volunterily) at 05:30 and finish at 15:00 I wouldn't have enough time to recharge for the next day!:eek:

There was a story from the US a couple of weeks ago, Thanksgiving Day, big holiday over there where everyone visits relatives for dinner etc. Only come evening time when everyone heads home, there were over 50 vehicles queued up at a chargeing point, all the way down the street. As it's not the same as stopping for petrol, i.e 10 minutes max, topping up an electric car maybe 30 minutes to a couple of hours, I wonder how many actually got home that night?

£100 a day to take a bus into the city centre? That's going to do wonders for the bus fares. I thought we were supposed to be encouraging the use of public transport.

Cheers,

Gaz

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom