Bristol Owners Concours Greenwich 21.8.11

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
A very nice looking car, Aeroman. To have (even as you wait) a Morgan 3 wheeler, AMG C63 and a Bristol in your fleet is a marvellous thing.

Thanks Charles, it reflects a pretty eclectic taste in cars! :crazy:

Final photo for Mocas - the 411 Series 6 complete with good number plate

P1000255.jpg

Noting that some kind soul on the Bristol Owners Club forum has linked to this thread, a few more:

P1000175.jpg

P1000232.jpg

P1000190.jpg

P1000216.jpg

P1000243.jpg

P1000234-1.jpg

Nice word. Googled it for the meaning. Very useful. Always an education on here.

Tut, tut, TJ, you really must pay attention in class. A quick search returns three pages of posts featuring that very word (and no, they weren't all mine). :D

Tut, tut, TJ, you really must pay attention in class. A quick search returns three pages of posts featuring that very word (and no, they weren't all mine). :D

Sometimes when I don't know what a word (really) means I leave it a bit to see if the meaning becomes apparent. It this case I sort of guessed what it meant but when I gave in and googled it, the real meaning is crystal clear and a wee gem too.

Edit.
Grief, I have just realised that people with a real education who (or should that be whom) own Bristols will be reading this via the link on their forum. They will see what goes on and passes for spelling and education in surfdom. Touches forelock and backsaway.

Last edited:
Charles, I have to admire your knowledge of such cars. Some I do like some (the later ones) seem to be missing some olde world charm. But there again, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

I suspect any real Bristol expert would soon show me up Ian, but I have begun to love what these cars are all about. The later ones are definitely more of an acquired taste, until recently the 412 left me cold as boxy and square, yet when I followed one on a Bristol day out (in fact the gray one photographed here) I really saw the attraction of the car. I believe that one has had a 7 litre Chrysler V8 fitted, and my heavens it flew. Probably the cheapest Zagato you can find by miles too....

until recently the 412 left me cold as boxy and square, yet when I followed one on a Bristol day out I really saw the attraction of the car.

Which goes to show that beauty is not only in the eye of the beholder, but is also more than skin deep. Having said that, I've also come to realise that the 412 and its decendents are far more impressive in the flesh than they appear to be in photos - especially some of the execrable efforts originally put out by Bristol Cars in their apparent attempts to deter the wrong type of customer...

Probably the cheapest Zagato you can find by miles too....

Interesting assessment. Probably a toss-up between the Bristol and a Fulvia Sport depending on condition.

Good point, I had forgotten the Fulvia. Super looking little car and probably rather cheaper to run than a heavy V8.

Just goes to show if you avoid the big names like Aston, Ferrari, Bentley etc, you can have a stunning car from a great designer for not a lot. Rather like the Alvis TD and TE 21 - Graber penned / influenced design, Park Ward coachbuilding, for a fifth of the equivalent (and more available) Bentleys.

I think Bristol were masters in deterring any sort of customer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom