Brit F1 GP at silverstone

Brit F1 GP at Silverstone

• F1, Nah! football! more overpaid softy's but at least they overtake

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Didn't vote but to be honest I only watch it (rarely, when it doesn't interfere with my dinghy racing) on TV. Bernie is conducting his usual drama queen brinkmanship but I ask how many people truly care if Silverstone gets the chop or not? most people want to keep it for nostalgic reasons only, but money really talks in this game and if the circuit can't pay the money then the race gets canned in favour of a boring desert circuit with next to no spectators but lots of money up front.

Personal opinion is that the number of spectators at a circuit is almost irrelevant since this is a relatively small percentage of the take.

It's a shame that F1 has gone this way but usually things follow the money and that's the price of progress.....

I would like to vote yes to Silverstone as The British Grand Prix, but I can't as it says Bernies good after it!

I's just been announced that Silverstone has a new 17 (yes, seventeen) year contract for the British GP.

Its good news because as Martin Brundle says there is a place for the traditional circuits alongside the newer "Scalectrix" [ my description] ones.

Its good news because as Martin Brundle says there is a place for the traditional circuits alongside the newer "Scalectrix" [ my description] ones.

I don't find Scalextric particularly interesting after the first few minutes.

So it's definitely way better than watching the GPs held at Valencia, Singapore, and Yas Marina.

Bit unfair on Scalextric therefore, IMHO, to call these circuits Scalextric.

Watch bike racing - motogp or WSB - much more interesting and exciting.............

Pleased that Silverstone got the contract but who had to sell their Granny to uncle Bernie to get it..........?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom