Britain Has the most dangerous drivers in Europe ...FACT..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
French are just plain funny with their blinking lights when overtaking, but this does seem to ware all over the country. Some does it, some don't.

As both the middle and outside lane are reserved for overtaking, you are suppose to indicate when overtaking. Or so they taught me many years ago! People now use the indicator as a less agressive mean to advise the driver in front that they want to overtake you.

Contrary to what Jimti believes, the French do not have that many officers. Indeed there isn't a dedicated road patrolling force.

Finally, I find it much easier in the UK to stick to the speed limit as it is clearly visible than in France where you often have to guess what it is.

You have probably the most congested roads in Europe, but I think us Brits are the best drivers in the world, anticipation of others and reading the road ahead do not exist here on the Costa del Sol. We don't have static cameras though sometimes the local plod will use mobiles in towns and Guardia Trafico use unmarked cars with videos. Tolerance is pretty good on speed on the autopistas (M Ways) limit is 120kph but tolerance allowed up to and beyond 140 sometimes 150 even without penalty provided the conditions are OK. But drink drive levels are almost zero and they will road block Estepona and breath test everyone and if you're over wo betide you to the local gaol. Thing that really rattles me is that if you wave someone through the Spaniards never give a nod or a gesture of thanks, miserable ********. only the Brits, Germans, Swedish etc say "ta".

I got stopped in northern Spain a while ago on my bike, got a 70 Euro fine and they were pretty relaxed and ok about it, didn't tell me off, they wrote 149km/h on my ticket but there wasn't a point for the past 40 minutes or so that I went below 160 in fact I had been constantly maintaing 160 so I thought it was pretty decent of them:D

Perhaps an explanation of why Britain has the worst drivers in Europe, is that most of the worst offenders are European?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom