"Britain's lowest pay and display car park machine"?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

robert.saunders

MB Enthusiast
Car
W210 E300TD
I'm not sure I've seen anything quite so ridiculous.

The machine, which is 3ft tall, dispenses the pay-and-display tickets only 18 inches above the ground at the short-stay car park in Sheringham, Norfolk. Installed by North Norfolk Council, the machine is designed to ensure wheelchair users can access it easily.

Dr Gerry, Bedford, a retired chemist, 62, questioned the device after seeing it when on holiday with his wife. "I thought it was a joke when I first saw it. The size of it is just ridiculous for anyone of average height. "I am 6ft 5 ins tall and I had to get down on my knees to use it. I found the whole experience completely bizarre."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/new...ct-from-Britains-smallest-ticket-machine.html

Attachments

• ticket.jpg
    ticket.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 204
Last edited:
Outrageous. They should have put one at normal height too....I am all of wheel chair users being catered for, but people who need things at a usable height (95%+ of us) shouldn't be ignored either.

its like these cash machines that give you backache because they are set so low...(makes you not want to take cash out the bank)

Dont all wheelchair users/drivers have blue badge parking tickets in their cars?
If so, then they dont need to buy a ticket.

Dont all wheelchair users/drivers have blue badge parking tickets in their cars?
If so, then they dont need to buy a ticket.

Not necessarily the case in an off-street car park; free parking exists for on-street pay bays (that’s statute, and there may be a time limit), but car park operators can charge if they so wish

When I read the title I was going to post: Glasgow, Great Western Rd, 10p for 30 minutes!

Wrong kind of low:wallbash:

When I read the title I was going to post: Glasgow, Great Western Rd, 10p for 30 minutes!

Wrong kind of low:wallbash:

I can go one better:

The car park in the newly developed Orton Centre in Peterborough is free for two hours, BUT you have to get a ticket from the machine. It's a rediculous waste of resources.
When ever I visit, I'm usually in and out within ten mins. Really don't see the need to have a ticket if it's free.

I guess it's to stop people from parking up and leaving their car their all day? Although I can't see why anyone would do that other than staff at the centre?

Well, it is a 'short' stay park.

I'll get my coat........

I was on the tube coming home from work yesterday and saw a man pickpocketing a midget on a busy platform.
I never thought anyone could stoop that low.

Slightly off-topic, but a brilliant one near us charges 45p for up to 30 minutes, but doesnt give change and doesn't accept anything less than 10p pieces !! :eek:

The system has no doubt been designed, agreed, installed etc by a local council- what do you expect they always **** it up!

What's a rip off, the parking or the hookers? :eek:

Russ

Both. The hookers growl....and then they produce oiks like this

chav-cards-4.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom