Britain's most evil man

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

WesLangdon

Banned
Car
300E
From recorded history who was Britains most evil man, was it Cromwell, or William the Conqueror, James II or my choice Edward I. Or from the modern era Churchill or Bomber Harris.
Could Mary Tudor slip in as Britains most evil woman or some one from the much more modern era?
What makes men evil, their personalities or the circumstances they find themselves in?

Do you mean WINSTON Churchill ? ?

Where did that come from ? ?

Evil?

How do you define evil?

Someone who helped in the downfall of one of the most evil men in modern history ?

I am confused.

This has got to be a wind-up.

All down to individual preferences/beliefs.

What is evil to one is fair game to another.

Jimmy Savile would be right up there is some peoples eyes.

Tony Blair

Fred West

Ian Brady

The bloke that cut me up on the M2/A249 round about this morning.

The guy who rings time in my local.

Duke of Cumberland

The 'Paddy' says Cromwell! :D

As Churchill, I think he was the right man at the right time.

Do you mean WINSTON Churchill ? ?

Where did that come from ? ?

Evil?

How do you define evil?

Someone who helped in the downfall of one of the most evil men in modern history ?

I am confused.

This has got to be a wind-up.

Pretty much my thoughts, too.

If Evil= Immoral or not compliant with accepted standards of morality, the candidates shouldn't be limited to heads of state or other figures of authority. Joe Public in the guise of a mass murderer killing for the sake of it seems more evil to me than a leader killing as a means to an end.

I think you need to put some perspective on the subject. For example the time in history when action was required eg Winslow Churchill and bomber Harris. But taking this into account how far do actions need to continue after the initial problem has been solved.

Mother Teresa
vs
Gandhi

only one way to find out..........................

No wind up intended with Churchill, he put troops into South Wales in 1911, shooting several, he was largely at fault with Galipolli and he supported area bombing of German cities. But weigh up the good he did in promoting Hitlers defeat and he wouldn't get the "award"

Where would you put Richard the Lionheart, a hopeless domestic king, responsible for massacres in the Crusades, yet he gets a statue outside of Parliament

Last edited:
We may choose to drive German cars but because of Winston Churchill and Bomber Harris ( and a lot of others ) we dont have to speak German. I cannot begin to see how defending our country from direct aggression and invasion can possibly be evil !
There are plenty of child killers who are more deserving .....

We may choose to drive German cars but because of Winston Churchill and Bomber Harris ( and a lot of others ) we dont have to speak German. I cannot begin to see how defending our country from direct aggression and invasion can possibly be evil !
There are plenty of child killers who are more deserving .....

Churchill and Harris were controversial suggestions; but only suggestions, how about Mosley or Crippen or or Shipman...my intention is to provoke a discussion on the nature of evil and as a few have suggested it doesn't always apply in war-time

I hate to introduce reality here, but it is because of the Russians, and to a lesser extent the Americans, that we do not now all speak German.

I did say "and a lot of others" ........

Odd topic.

Is this in the light of the charming Mr & Mrs Phillpott?

I too opened the thread expecting to read about them.

Two huge screen tellies, fully loaded Sky package, a snooker table, and 17 kids. Good thing he didn't rebuild cars as well!

Anyone remember Bendy Gandhi from NTNOCN?

That was On Last night :D A great series. Bet this thread gets closed before It reaches Its conclusion :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom