Britcar?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Flyer

MB Enthusiast
Car
Ford Mustang GT
Hi

Anyone following Britcar this season? I'm the team photographer and race data analyst for a team competing in the Britcar Production Cup Championship, called MGA Motorsport.

Not Mercedes unfortunately, but 3 MX5 Mk3s (pic from last year's MX5 Cup):

AND_1510.jpg

Next stop is Donington on 21 April. If you're there, stop by and say hello. I'll be the one hunched over a laptop :)

You can't miss us :) :

_and2247.jpg

Andrew

Friend of mine is data analyst for another team, will have to ask him which one, and pop to a race day!

That white Mx5 looks a happy car :)

I see you at brands in July. I usually try and get along to the GT open are you a supporting race?

I see you at brands in July. I usually try and get along to the GT open are you a supporting race?

Ah, Brands in July is just for the Endurance Championship. We're only at Brands in June (Production Cup Championship).

We need to upgrade from MX5s for the Endurance Champs :)

Edit to add: that event in July looks fantastic, might try and get along to that one.

Last edited:
Flyer said:
Ah, Brands in July is just for the Endurance Championship. We're only at Brands in June (Production Cup Championship).

We need to upgrade from MX5s for the Endurance Champs :)

Edit to add: that event in July looks fantastic, might try and get along to that one.

Whats the difference between prod cup cars and the endurance ones?

Whats the difference between prod cup cars and the endurance ones?

Endurance cars are much faster and built for, erm, endurance :) Their races are mostly 180 minutes long (ours are 90).

The Endurance grid looks like this:

Lotus Evora
Marcos Mantis
Lotus Elise
Mosler MT900R
Ginetta G55 Cup
2 x Chevron GR8
Marcos
Ginetta 55
BMW M3
SR2
Ferrari 458
Lotus Elise
Ferrari 430
Marcos Mantis
3 x BMW M3 GTR
TVR Sagaris V8

So, a 140-odd BHP MX5 isn't really going to cut it :D

Your right you might have to do some with the mx5 (like exchange it for something else). :)

I know Steve Guglielmi who drives one of the Lotus Elise - he owns an excellent garage in Daventry servicing many Lotus, TVR and quite a few other track/race cars.

Shame it doesn't get more coverage.

I know Steve Guglielmi who drives one of the Lotus Elise - he owns an excellent garage in Daventry servicing many Lotus, TVR and quite a few other track/race cars.

Shame it doesn't get more coverage.

Nice, so he's in the Endurance Champs, very competitive!

It is a shame it doesn't get more coverage, although the Endurance race is on MotorsTV on 20/04.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom