British GP

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
3rd Max Verstappen! That's just brilliant.

3rd Max Verstappen! That's just brilliant.

Yes John. He'll not be afraid to get stuck into the Mercs at turn 1 given half the chance.

Also be good to see how far up Jenson can get given Honda's little upgrade.

Looking forward to today.

Ant.

Now laddie that just doesnae look that right - maybe if you changed it to.

Gonnae no be so serious Jimmy.

I'm guessing you were brought up all posh and went to a private school.:D
I think we'll leave it there before you start writing essays boring everyone to death.

Nico under investigation for the radio exchanges about his dodgy gearbox.

Another good race :thumb:

Yes. Interesting to see the outcome of this one. Also interesting the team didn't tell LH which mode to go into in Baku.

Shame the start was spoilt by safety car given that it wasn't actually raining. But I guess it's a tough call.

4 points between them now. I really hope it goes to the wire at the end of the season.

Ant.

A good race,pleased at the result..I noticed empty seats in the stands and I doubt they were anywhere near capacity,unusual.

A good race,pleased at the result..I noticed empty seats in the stands and I doubt they were anywhere near capacity,unusual.

Yeah, I thought that too. Crofty said 139,000 gate entrance numbers. I thought 100,000 was the capacity :dk:

Surely croftys figure can't be over the 3 day weekend?

Complete joke of a race Senna will be turning in his grave no need for that start, elf and safety gone mad and they wonder why there were empty seats and viewer numbers continue to decease. Complete sham.

i see the best guy didn't win again.

Its the car...and the tyres. And other things.....anyone can drive a car like that, just as fast as he can.

Ahem.........except it appears they can't. Still, we must assume that he is rubbish and is lucky to have that seat, what with all them other deserving drivers who finished behind him today, are far better at.

Mercedes eh? they can't pick 'em you know.

:doh:

first one to tell me this is true.....is a halfwit.

Doomed either way Ian. However, had there been a bad crash/injury/fatality then the powers that be would've been in the firing line.

I agree with you. But that's how it is eh?

i see the best guy didn't win again.

Its the car...and the tyres. And other things.....anyone can drive a car like that, just as fast as he can.

Ahem.........except it appears they can't. Still, we must assume that he is rubbish and is lucky to have that seat, what with all them other deserving drivers who finished behind him today, are far better at.

Mercedes eh? they can't pick 'em you know.

:doh:

first one to tell me this is true.....is a halfwit.

He was just lucky! :p

In decades past (I'm talking 70's/80's) as we look back through rose tinted spectacles racing was more exciting. However if you look at the cold hard facts and statistics the world champion in each year was more often than not decided by who actually finished the race at all rather than who was the better driver.

I'm reasonably sure (without looking back through the stats) that some world champions were crowned despite not actually winning a race at all during that season, simply finishing was often enough.

Fast forward some years and reliability is astonishingly high. The winner of the championship will be a multiple GP winner. Ironically the winner of the Championship is also more likely to be the driver that has incurred less mechanical failures than his team mate. At least this probably has more of a material effect than driver ability when it comes to points at the end of the year.

I've been a fan of this sport for decades, but now I find myself ambivalent about watching it. The result is a foregone conclusion, there will be little real racing between manufacturers due to the vast disparity in budget and performance and what little racing does take place is punctuated by radio calls to the "umpires" to moan about something being unfair...waaaahhhhh. The Umpires then seem to have no continuity in decision or punishment.

The whole thing has lost it's way.

Yes I also found the Ferrari/Schumacher years rather dull.

Last edited:
Complete joke of a race Senna will be turning in his grave no need for that start, elf and safety gone mad and they wonder why there were empty seats and viewer numbers continue to decease. Complete sham.

I completely agree. The driver aids have watered down F1 so much its no longer an exciting spectacle.When rain and pit stops are all there are to look forward to, no wonder viewing figures are down.
The start was a joke. 5 laps behind a safety car when you could tell all the drivers just wanted to race.
Glad I didn't pay to watch that.

Just an observation but I think it's funny that those slating F1 still watch it to some degree then comment negatively here about it.

If it's so bad, stop watching and/or don't comment.

I have no interest on people renovating old Mercs. Therefor, I don't even enter those kind of threads. I wouldn't even dream of dissing the posters on that thread. If they are happy then I'm happy for them.

Strange old place this can be.

Ant. :rolleyes:

Yes that start was unnecessary. They were virtually ready to race on the Inters, so what is the point of full Wets if you have to race behind the safety car?

Disaster race for Ferrari, VET lost 2 places in the championship.

Lewis did well and was probably relieved to start under the safety car, he has not had the best starts.

With regards to Nico, he just doesn't seem to have any confidence in the wet.

The radio contact was a 50/50 for me. I think it should be allowed as his car was virtually disabled but I'm sure the FIA will want to set a precedent give him some sort of penalty otherwise other teams will start doing it.

Just an observation but I think it's funny that those slating F1 still watch it to some degree then comment negatively here about it.

If it's so bad, stop watching and/or don't comment.

I have no interest on people renovating old Mercs. Therefor, I don't even enter those kind of threads. I wouldn't even dream of dissing the posters on that thread. If they are happy then I'm happy for them.

Strange old place this can be.

Ant. :rolleyes:

I still watch it Ant in the forlorn hope it will bring a bit of excitement to my Sunday afternoon. But its in vain, and I'll still give an opinion whether its wanted or not. You have to take the negative comments with the positive and make your own mind up.

I still watch it Ant in the forlorn hope it will bring a bit of excitement to my Sunday afternoon. But its in vain, and I'll still give an opinion whether its wanted or not. You have to take the negative comments with the positive and make your own mind up.

I'm also in the forlorn hope camp. But I now don't arrange my day around the race. I'll record it and watch it if I have the time or haven't heard the result beforehand.

Previously I'd be sat there at 30 minutes before start with a laptop and live timing.

Yeah, point taken. My post was in general, not aimed at you but general F1 slating. Same old same old. Let's face it, F1 has always had boring races. Equally matched cars and a faster racing line.

As already said, F1 is my passion in life that comes 2nd only to my family so I'm fairly defensive about it.

Hope my comments and thoughts didn't create bad feeling. Group hug required. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom