British GP

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lotusmark2

MB Enthusiast
Car
Fiat 500, Mercedes B200
Anyone planning to go to the Fosters GP this year??
Thinking about going again this year, and for anyone that has never been the sound is unbelievable.
http://www.octagonmotorsports.com/
f1_map.jpeg

Last edited:
There's a good deal on at the mo ...

You get a weekend ticket for the price of the sunday ticket - but only until Saturday I think.

Plus there were some parking tickets left - not sure if there are at the mo.

Used to get freebie passes ... but then Mrs K gave up work - that was the end of that :-(

I am very fortunate in that

1 The old man before he passed away use to work at Ketteringham spraying the old style JPS Lotus, so usually get a ticket out of Jonny Herbert every year

2 I worked for them at the factory car side for 10 years and occasionaly get a ticket via there

3 And most importantly the Mrs is absolutley F1 Mad ! (although Ferrari !)

We have been to Silverstone for the last 7 years on the trot and find nice areas are either the pit straight stands or in my opinion the Luffield complex, especially A stand.

Ususally we do one other GP aswell preferably Spa as we lived near there but alas wasn't on last year, that place is some track at Eau Rouge!

I'll be there Fri, Sat, and Sun. Ill be in the Lotus though so look out for me in the camping site. Actually, I'm not sure what the situation is ref camping. I guess one has to find a site somewhere nearby. The one opposite the main entrance wants £25 per pitch per night!!

Slightly off topic ,, sorry but

OOOoh Dave, Lotus Carlton, what was the number ? I was on the project upto no 585 !

Did you get it re chipped back to the full amount?

Richy - my LC is 0900G.

Re-chipped back up to the full amount? My understanding was that the factory Lotus ECU and MAP sensor allowed for 377 bhp, although aftermarket chips were available (along with circuitry to fool the MAP sensor) to take it up to 500bhp (although I'm sure the injectors can't deliver enough fuel for this). It sounds like you know something that I don't. Do tell me more :) My own LC (unmodified) recorded 391bhp on a rolling road, although as we all know, RRs are incredible unreliable for working out flywheel bhp.

Dave,

The factory had two issues around that time, prototype Elan Turbo's with the infamous plastic screen over the rear plate which "misted up" so you couldn't read the number running around Hethel ! Police got edgy and if you remember there was a "gentlemans agreement" to change this - then they released an LC on the road at 585 BHP (non numbered mule) this was written off during a test with four occupants on the test track and the car suffereing brake failure at around 145 on the bottom hairpin, so over the fence it went rolled through the feilds and back onto the public (country) road there. I will never forget seeing it limping back into the factory still running !

So again cars were taken down to around 380 as you say, remember the 0-100-0 adverts ? this is what caused it plus Opel / Vauxhall taking over and being a little more conservative than the genuine old boys there.

You have a very late car in the programme must be an "H" I presume ? Some guys went to turbo technics to get them back upto power but caused a flat spot in two places in the rev range. Don't mess about with it ! It is a very special peice of work you have and I would suggest going directly back to them if you are interested in upping the stakes, major drawback is cost !

Some work sheets from a few customers would be in the region of £4500 upwards to get this right although that was nearly 15 years ago!

I wish to god I had one, subtle but like a bloody missile, nowadays I think they would ban it !

Kinky said:
There's a good deal on at the mo ...

You get a weekend ticket for the price of the sunday ticket - but only until Saturday I think.

Plus there were some parking tickets left - not sure if there are at the mo.

A good deal indeed, 3 days for the price of 1. Thanks for the tip I just got 4 tickets :rock:

I'm marshalling at copse exit, so will get in for free :bannana: :bannana: :bannana: :bannana:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom