British Motor Show - ExCel

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dougal74

Car
Past: 2008 S211 E280CDi A/G Estate, 2000 ML430, 1992 300TE Auto, 1995 E320 Coupe - all gone
I have been invited to the preview night on Wednesday 19th July (and no idea why), is anyone else going?

you can get free tickets if you call Land Rover and sign up for their Freelander 2 preview ... tickets are limited though!

0800 923 0072

I'll be there. 19th evening looks v good - but doesn't have the full show.

I have a PDF plan of the show with all stands if anyone wants it PM me

I'll be there on Monday and Tuesday 24th/25th.

K

Did everybody elses Freelander tickets arrive OK?

mine still arrived ... I ordered them about 2 weeks ago

I think they said they would send it not long before the date

R2D2 said:
Did everybody elses Freelander tickets arrive OK?

got my tickets but they sent weekday tickets for the motor show when my Freelander viewing is on Sun 30 Jul.

called them and they are sending weekend tickets instead

anyone who wants week day tickets, PM me

Last edited:
still available -- free!

C240Sport97 said:
anyone who wants week day tickets, PM me

got also 2 tickets for preview evening (19th) if anybody wants...

Well visited yesterday afternoon. Impressions as follows (Be curious to hear what others think).....

Highlights:
  1. New CLK63 AMG - Lovely
  2. Mercedes actually showed up
  3. Lovely McLaren F1 LM (V rare)
  4. Couple of Nice Ferrari's
  5. The lack of crowds - seriously reckon 5,000 max
  6. Good travel arrangements and clean venue
  7. Honda Civic 3 Door

Lowlights:
  1. Audi / BMW / Porsche ? No show ? Unreal considering most of their customers are in Canary Wharf......
  2. Most of the stands are very small
  3. The venue is tiny compared to the NEC in Birmingham
  4. Boring....my brother and I visited everything in less than 2 hours

The show star for me had to be the 'exploded' view of the Honda F1 car - this is a must see. Just incredible - the entire car suspended from wires in 'exploded' form. Really something else.

Funny observation points - check what the girls are wearing on each stand versus their brand and target market....very funny.

Renault Motorsport Clio and Megane - great cars, seriously impressive.

Spotted a number of Ferrari F430's - drool..

Finally I couldn't go without mentioning the bus ride - in a routemaster RT341 from the car parks (4 of them - good sizes and secure). What a flashback.

Overall well organised and executed, just too small and dull. I suspect the concerts will be good though.

I'll be on stand 548 all day Monday and Tuesday.

Feel free to pop over and chew the cud.

K

saorbust said:
Well visited yesterday afternoon. Impressions as follows (Be curious to hear what others think).....

Lowlights:
  1. Audi / BMW / Porsche ? No show ? Unreal considering most of their customers are in Canary Wharf......
I was also disappointed by the no shows and in many instances the complete lack of imagination on some of the stands.

BMW had a huge area outside by the Western Dock, it was really quite good with MINI, Rolls Royce and BMW dedicated sections. The cars looked great (awesome new M6 Convertible) and you could chip towards an island green in a golf hole in one comp!? The drivers lounge had great food and drink but the "clientele" reminded me why I don't like the BMW "image" even though I drive one!

Oh and anyone interested in HDTV, there is a Sky Sports demo area in the Ford stand by the Focus ST, including a virtual penalty shoot-out comp.

Most surprising of the show for me was the new Chevy Captiva 4x4 which looked very well put together and great value, they claim £21k for a 2.0d LT 7 seater!

Last edited:
Going Monday -cant wait as have Freelander tickets for that cruiser moored at excel.

Kinky said:
I'll be on stand 548 all day Monday and Tuesday.

Feel free to pop over and chew the cud.

K

Visions of people striding up to the stand and asking "OK, who's kinky?" :eek: :D

Bill,

You're only around the corner from me too !!!!!!

So NO excuses whatsoever.

K

Kinky said:
Bill,

You're only around the corner from me too !!!!!!

So NO excuses whatsoever.

K

Which corner is that?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom