British Superbikes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

glojo

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
Car
S211 Sprinter 213CDI, & the new T-class
I am anxious to hear the thoughts, observations of those lucky enough to get to Brands Hatch (Guy)

What about Kiyonari, will a fit John Reynolds be able to beat him?

Good racing and a very fair result.

John

glojo said:
I am anxious to hear the thoughts, observations of those lucky enough to get to Brands Hatch (Guy)

What about Kiyonari, will a fit John Reynolds be able to beat him?

Good racing and a very fair result.

John
Firstly,
Reynolds will have a hard battle to keep up with Kiyo as he is just mental :crazy:
Trust me, John, when I say that, as I was on the start/finish line for the last 3 days marshalling, with him aiming towards me :eek:
Secondly, we had a bad crash in the 125's today.
A youngster came off coming into the s/f and got run over by another 125.
I spent 10-15 minutes holding the guys head and trying to calm him down in the middle of the track, before we put him on a board and into the ambulance.
We heard a report from the hospital (he was airlifted from the Med centre at B/H) that he had extensive leg and pelvic injuries and might well lose his leg.
The guy who ran over him, suffered a broken leg.
I realise that I marshal these events as a hobby (as I don't get paid for it), but sometimes, it can be a bit upsetting :(

Anyone interested in marshalling contact RACESAFE
Or the British Superbike website is HERE
MCRCB Is my governing body and has a lot of info on it. ;)

Last edited:
GRAV888 said:
I realise that I marshal these events as a hobby (as I don't get paid for it), but sometimes, it can be a bit upsetting :(

Hi Grav888,
Thank you very much indeed for taking the time to send your reply.

You and your colleagues carry out a very important task, and I am certain that if you had not gone onto the track to help these riders then the consequences would have been far worse.

Take care,
John

G - that sounds awful. It's a risky sport - hope you're OK.

P
x

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom