Brittania Rescue - Dont Do It!

smiff

Car
C200
We've just cancelled a breakdown cover with BRITTANIA RESCUE, with some time left to run on the policy.

I've been informed that we will not get a refund, "because of the insurance based nature of the policy" - they do not have a policy of refunding their customers, unless we are willing to pay a £25 administration fee!!!!!

£25 to press a blooming button on a pc to cancel an insurance!!!!!

I asked them if they had seen the Nationwide advert about 'policy', to which they replied "I'm sorry thats our policy"

Whatever you do - stay away from this company. Tell your friends, tell your family, tell random people in the street!

jimti

Car
VW Golf
And AA

I renewed my AA cover a few months ago, and then got better "free" cover through my bank,(still AA) so called to cancel original cover, only 2 weeks into it, they said I could not get any refund on that, they are as bad as each other IMHO :mad:

Last edited:

GordonTarling

MB Enthusiast
Car
2007 E63 AMG V8 Estate
I pay my AA subs quarterly by direct debit - I can just cancel the direct debit whenever I like and the most they have got is 3 month's subscription.

Dave Kerr

Car
BMW 5 series / 1961 Jaguar E-Type
I had the same problem with the RAC, I didn't realise they had my bank details and took out the money for the cover, I had already taken cover with Direct line, no way would they refund.
I had to suspend my cover with Direct line for a year until the RAC cover expired.
After trying to deal with the RAC and get a reasonable person to talk to I have vowed never ever to use them for anything.

Dave

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom